1. Have you tried these? Me = addicted.
2. Heads up (especially Gastric Sleevers): If you are looking for a Multivitamin, check out Celebrate Vitamins New Multi-Complete in nom nom nom Orange flavor.
It contains all of the vitamins and minerals that are in their original multivitamin PLUS 36 mg of iron daily. It was developed with gastric sleeve patients in mind because they usually have slightly lower calcium intake requirements than gastric bypass patients but it's also cool for gastric bypass patients like me looking to avoid taking a separate iron supplement. Remember though since this product contains iron it may NOT be taken at the same time as calcium to prevent absorption interference. Always check things through your medical posse first.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Weight-loss surgery a top option to fight health problems that accompany obesity
Safety data favors less invasive weight loss surgery (I had Open RNY)
Weight loss could ease headaches (I was told this, mine are definitely less frequent but sadly not gone)
The psychology of weight loss: Shedding excess pounds often starts in your head (Most imp't IMHO)
Flier, displaced by obese seatmate, forced to stand (Warning: the comments made my blood boil - my comment is #574 and some of the media outlets running this story are using a bogus picture for shock tactics which is beyond lame)
The Skinny on Fat in the Workplace
4. Good deeds make you feel good. I dropped off food and toiletry donations to the shelter yesterday. I am going to try and do this a few times a year. I'm placing a box in the corner of the dining room and will add to it when I see a sale or have a coupon for something till it is full.
If you are interested in doing a project like this... Here's a link to find donation locations in your area and a list of the requested items I donated.
5. Stop by Sunday when another AWESOME Eggface Giveaway begins!!! What will it be?! Hint: Slurp.
P.S. I'm uploading the pictures of last night's Turkey Day dessert and will post as promised in a bit.