Quick & Easy Dinner Idea: Meatball Taco

My dinner yesterday. Super yummy and soooo easy. These would have actually been perfect today as I hear it's National Taco Day and this is a weight loss surgery friendly, low carb taco of sorts. I just might have to make them again tonight.

Weight Loss Surgery WLS RNY Gastric Bypass Recipes
Shelly's Meatball Lettuce Tacos

Bibb (aka Boston) Lettuce Leaf
Cucumber, diced
2 Cocktail sized Meatballs (I used Aidells Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs)
Shelly's Garlicky Yogurt Dip
Sesame Seeds

Wash & dry some Bibb/Boston lettuce leaves. Warm meatballs according to package instructions. Place 2 meatballs per lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with chopped cucumber and sesame seeds. Drizzle with yogurt dip for a little added protein and moisture.

Shelly's Garlicky Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Can be refrigerated a couple of days. Great as a dip for meats and veggies.

I picked up the Aidells Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs at Costco. They are great. Super easy for those nights you just don't want to cook. They are fully cooked. I just nuked them a few minutes and as they heated I prepped the other ingredients. I had a yummy dinner done in less than 15 minutes. Take that Rachael Ray.

Meatball Nutritional Info:

Serving Size 3 Meatballs
Calories 130
Fat 7 g
Carbs 7 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 11 g

More Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Dinner Ideas