Friday Five

A weekly round-up of tidbits, tips, ideas, news articles, random cool things...

1. Thank you guys for voting. My weight loss surgery friendly, Crock Pot Carnitas recipe is in the #2 position for the 2011 America’s Next Pork Crock-Star. You can vote once a day until October 31st. It's in the Pork Inspiration Category - Michelle Vicari - Shelly's Crock Pot Carnitas. When you see the list of nominees scroll to the bottom to vote.

2. Another October 31st deadline: Kay's Gluten Free Protein Snack Sale. Up to 30% off (see link for details and discount code.) My favs: Protein Cookie Bites (like puffy Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal) and Protein Cereal (Crunchy O's in 3 flavors - great sprinkled on yogurt, and I make a great "trail mix" using a handful) are part of the sale. Nom nom nom.

3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:

Obese patients may be seeing doctor discrimination.
Workplaces feel the impact of obesity
and for my California pals, a must read report on the Trends in Bariatric Surgery in California

4. Are you ready for Halloween? I just finished my costume (I'll take a pic) and decorated my mantle so now I'm feeling more in the spirit. I found my Mum a great pattern and she made me this gorgeous knitted leaf garland...

Some past Halloween fun.

5. Heads up: Be sure to hit the blog this Sunday... an AWESOME giveaway begins.