Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

Here's what my yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating looked like...

Breakfast: I made a CLICK Banana Protein Frappe. Who needs Starbucks?!

Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve Bariatric Low Carb Cooking Recipes Food MenusShelly's CLICK Banana Protein Frappe

1 cup Soy Milk (any milk will do)
2 scoops CLICK Espresso Protein Powder (your favorite flavor)
2 Tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
1/2 a Banana
a few Ice Cubes

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with optional squirt of Homemade No Sugar Added Whipped Cream and a slice of banana.

Lunch: Filled my super cool bento box and ate outside. It is AMAZING what a 1/2 hour of fresh air will do to your mood and well a yummy lunch like this helps too...

Bento Lunch Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve Bariatric Low Carb Cooking Recipes Food MenusPink Box (top left): Cooked Shrimp with Lemon and Cocktail Sauce (in little blue container)
Green Box (top right): 1/2 a Wild Berry Quest Protein Bar
Blue Box (bottom left): a variety of sliced Cheese
Orange Box (bottom right): Sliced Cucumbers (my crackers)

Dinner: My Faux "Spaghetti" and Meatballs. I had some beautiful sweet Maui Onions, sliced them and cooked them low and slow till they were soft and just beginning to caramelized. Served them with Turkey Meatballs, Marinara Sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese on top. Generally I don't like pasta replacements. I don't do wheat or tofu noodles (there's Sicilian law against using those, not really but should be) but I love to use veggies as a pasta replacement like these "Spaghetti" Onions or my Zucchini Manicotti. I actually prefer them and would choose them over pasta any day. Seriously, I would.

Onion Recipes Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve Bariatric Low Carb Cooking Recipes Food MenusSnack: Oodles of coffee and the other half of that Wild Berry Quest Protein Bar while I watched *hangs head in shame* The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

It was a tasty day.

post signature

10 comments:

Allyson said...

YUM! I never thought of onions instead of pasta. Made your zucchini mannicoti with eggplant too, on Friday.
Have you done anything with Spaghetti Squash?

runningurl said...

I can't wait to try your veggie suggestion as a replacement for pasta. For awhile now I have been missing traditional pasta meals. Well, my family has mostly, I just want to make a meal everyone can enjoy without making two main dishes. Thanks!

Christine

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the cheapest Torani Sugar Free Syrups? I've been drinking decaf coffee and love to mix it with SF flavors. Also, LOVE your website and all the great recipe ideas. It makes eating as a post-op so much better.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Allyson, I have made spaghetti squash. I prefer the onions (LOL less work) but that would work great in the same way.

***

Christine, I never cook differently... my family eats WLS friendly and LOL rarely realizes it ;)

***

Anon, Click on the link in the blog post (or ad on the left) for a great deal on a variety pack (usually includes free shipping too) or Cost Plus World market is another great source.

www.mytinytank.net said...

What I love most about your recipes is that they are something everyone will like. I too only cook one way for my family. They eat WLS friendly and never know it. I just eat alot less. Your "bites" have become a Christmas morning tradition for us.

Deb said...

Your shake is too funny! Its EXACTLY what I made last night as I was short on calories and protein! Used the Mocha Click, banana, sf vanilla and vanilla soy and ice. So so yummy. Great minds think alike, Shel! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Kelly said...

Dear Shelly/Michelle (which do you prefer?) :-)
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your blog. I read it religiously. You're like a gastric bypass rock star! I'm 6 months out from gastric bypass and am down 91 pounds from the start of my pre-op "diet" in January(68 since surgery on April 11th) and you are such an inspiration to me. Because of your blog, your story and your great tips, I love my morning protein shakes made different every morning with Torani and DaVinci sugar free syrups. I have my own "super cool bento box" and am the envy of the teachers' room with my super cool lunch creations. I love my new discovery of Quest protein bars--thanks for the tip. Waiting for the right time to order the ice-cream maker and the freezable protein to try the protein ice cream. And I have started a special savings account for my own "Franken-Barbie" work to come. I know you have thousands of readers and followers, but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience, your wisdom, your aha moments and your kitchen wisdom. Totally wishing we had a get together convention like the bandsters just had in Chicago. :-( I would love to connect with other staplers and share the love. Thanks again.

Kelly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
findingmywayatlast.blogspot.com

1956okie said...

Shelly, I am LOVING your blog!! I'm doing a lower-carb/weight watchers combo, and your pasta-less dishes are perfect! Onions for pasta? Who woulda thunk it?

You are so creative and so kind to share with all of us. Glad I found your site...and congratulations on all your success. You look fantastic. So healthy!

Susan said...

I've found spaghetti squash is a great replacement for noodles that even my daughter that hates squash will eat. Never thought of the onions but it looks yummy. And you are right probably alot less work.

Sounds like your new family member made the adoption decision for you though LOL I see a shopping trip to Petco for some toys and catnip in your future :)

Thanks for being you
Susan

Crasylady52 said...

Hey Shelly, I too do not use noodles,rice or potatoes! I have substituted zuchinni and summer squash for the noodles! I make my own spaghetti sauce using the tomatoes out of our garden. It taste so good! Anyway, I think I will try those onions. Hopefully that will be good too! I appreciate all our great idea! Thanks and have a great week!