Pistachio Protein Ice Cream Cake

Bring on the heat Mother Nature 'cause today I am prepared for you...


Shelly's Pistachio Protein Ice Cream Cake

You need:
Stainless Food Ring
Protein Ice Cream
Sugar Free Cookies (I used these)
Sugar Free Torani Syrup

Amounts will vary based on how big a cake you make.

Crush Sugar Free Cookies (I used Sugar Free Pecan Shortbread ones) and add enough SF Syrup (I used SF Vanilla) to make it clump. I needed about 8 cookies and 1 Tablespoon of Syrup. Place food ring on a plate. Fill base with cookie mixture and press to cover bottom (about 1/2 to 1 inch high) I'm thinking protein bars would work for the base too.

Fill with Pistachio Protein Ice Cream you get right out of the ice cream machine (soft serve stage)

Cover with plastic wrap and freeze till hard.


Unmold. I used a warm (nuked 20 seconds) damp dish towel to warm sides and the ring just lifts off.

Decorate if desired. I topped with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream. My cake makes 4 BIG wedges. Great for a post-op weight loss surgery birthday celebration or when when triple digit temps won't let up ;)