Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

Yesterday the day got away from me and I never did post my Monday's yummy bento box lunch like I said I would. So I guess I'll just make it a "day in my pouch" post now and share my whole day. This was Monday in my post weight loss surgery eating world...

Breakfast: I made a batch of Protein Mini Muffins. Almond & Orange. I ate 1 after my Orange Vanilla Banana Protein Shake (minus the banana, I was all out) Sat & ate breakfast next to my rose tree. I thought it was dead for awhile. It was looking all sick and so I gave it a little new soil and some used coffee grounds (free at Starbucks) and check it out now...

Shelly's Mini Almond Orange Protein Muffins

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Almond Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Orange Marmalade
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
a few sliced Almonds for the top

In a measuring cup mix egg, milk, syrup, marmalade and oil (applesauce or cottage cheese can sub for oil but 1 T divided between 12 muffins is really not a lot) and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, almond meal, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Pour into a non stick mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with Pam.

Optional: Place a few sliced almonds on top of each muffin. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean. Makes 12.

Lunch: Stayed outside most of the day breathing fresh air and doing yard work. This was my protein packed super cool bento box lunch.

Pink Box (top left): Caprese Salad (Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Basil, drizzle of Pesto)
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Pesto Yogurt Dip (for Chicken)
Blue Box (bottom left): Roast Chicken
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's Almond Orange Protein Muffin

Dinner: This is my new favorite way to eat shrimp! The next town over from where I live is "The Avocado Capital of the World" so we can score avocados pretty cheap. Next time you see them on sale... make this. It's sooooo good.

Shelly's Guacamole Shrimp Cocktail

1 Avocado, mashed
1/4 cup Fresh Salsa (refrigerated section), drained
squeeze of Lime
a few leaves of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled
Cooked Shrimp

Mix all ingredients together and use protein packed shrimp (a 4 oz. serving of shrimp = 23 grams of protein) as dippers instead of greasy, carby chips. Makes enough for 2 of the size pictured. I love my cactus margarita glasses for this.

Snacks: A bag of Crunchy Cheese and oodles of coffee including a Starbuck's. For those wondering my typical Starbucks order is: Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte, No Whip, No Foam, Extra Hot. I sometimes switch it up and get SF Vanilla or if the line is short I'll have them do 1/2 SF Cinnamon Dolce & 1/2 SF Caramel.

A tasty day. Hope everyone is having a GREAT week!