Bentos and Bathrooms

Spent another day trapped in the house watching plumbers hack apart our bathroom. The tile was removed, floor jack hammered, damaged pipe and offending tree removed, new pipe installed, new cement. Now we are waiting on the tile man to replace the floor. Once that is set, the fixture can be replaced and hopefully all will be resolved by Thursday. To the tune of $3,000.

If my upcoming Vegas trip wasn't already paid for I would have had to cancel. I'm going still (plane, hotel & event tix are all non-refundable) but will be on a tight budget that will last all summer long :( I'm going to use the contents of my pantry down to the very last can and plan fun & free things to do, lots of bento box picnics and beach days. Speaking of picnics, I made the most of being trapped, I packed lunch in my super cool bento box and set myself outside on the patio all day.

Pink Box (top left): Turkey, Avocado, Swiss Melted Roll-up
Orange Box (top right): Refried Beans with Cheese and Salsa
Blue Box (bottom left): Just the Cheese Crunchy Cheese - White Cheddar flavor
Green Box (bottom right): Sliced Strawberries with a squirt of Sugar Free Vanilla Torani

Looking forward to tonight. It's Prom Night on Glee. I'm making snacks of course ;)

post signature