Fall Desserts: Pumpkin Praline Ricotta Bake

I am loving all things pumpkin lately. I made a knock-off of Starbuck's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes the other morning and last night a batch of these... a sort of crustless pie dealio. They were soooo good. The best of both words, creamy pumpkin pie and crunchy pecan pie all in one weight loss surgery friendly, no sugar added bite. Perfect protein packed dessert, snack or heck even breakfast. If you are early on I would think this would even be great in the soft food phase if you just left off the praline topping.

Weight Loss RNY VSG WLS Bariatric Recipes Food CookingShelly's Pumpkin Praline Ricotta Bake

1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 cup Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Torani Syrup
1 Egg, beaten

Topping
1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
1 Tablespoon Xylitol Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

Mix together ricotta, pumpkin, spice, SF syrup and egg till well combined. Spoon into 4 ramekins.

Weight Loss RNY VSG WLS Bariatric Recipes Food CookingMix together topping ingredients sprinkle evenly on top.

Weight Loss RNY VSG WLS Bariatric Recipes Food CookingBake in a 350 oven for 1 hour, knife inserted should come out clean. Allow to cool slightly then place in the fridge at least 4 hours to chill before eating. Serve with a squirt of SF Land o Lakes Whipped Cream if desired.

Summer officially ends in a couple of days and I am so ready for the fall, though in Southern California we usually have a few more weeks till the real fall-ish weather begins. I am hoping we have seen the last of the triple digit temps. Bring on the soups and casseroles, pumpkins, apples, changing leaves, cozy sweaters, crisp air walks, spicy scented candles, cocoa, craft projects, Halloween costumes!

Do you dress up? I have to say dressing up is much more fun post weight loss surgery now that their are more costume choices. I used to hate to go to Halloween parties pre-op. All the scantily clad sexy French maids and kittens in clinging black body suits. Bite me. I was always a witch. Gotta love hiding behind a cape. So whatcha gonna be this year? 42 days away.

Speaking of errr fall (not the good kind.) Thank you so much for the well wishes for my Mum. She is getting a bit better everyday. It was quite a tumble. The bruises are really coming out now and there isn't an area that doesn't have a little color :( I told her no worries teal and plum are in this year. She's a pretty good patient but definitely not liking the limited mobility. Me... I'd be on the couch with a DVD marathon, some snacks, a few magazines, ringing a bell for my coffee. Of course I'd throw in a "Why me?" or a moan each hour ;) for effect.