Berry Good Days

I got a letter from a reader asking about the lack of blog posts this past month. I'm around. I've been working, it's wedding season so I've been helping out my catering pal a lot (thankful for $ = bills paid) and I've been enjoying the perfect weather. I hear the temperature is going to rise again but this past week has been heaven. Cool breezes, sunny skies. Southern California at it's best. I've gone on a few hikes, some picnics, hit the beach... making memories. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. -150+ pounds off my body certainly makes summers more enjoyable.

Yesterday was Farmer's Market day. I picked up some summer squash (making a casserole this week), red and yellow onions, peppers (roasting these today), garlic, nectarines, plums, and some strawberries. A few of the strawberries turned into this yummy weight loss surgery friendly (though you'd never know it) dessert last night...

Shelly's Banana Berry Bomb Pops

2 Bananas
6 Strawberries
Sugar Free Chocolate Bar (I used a half of a 3 1/2 oz bar)
1 Tablespoon Evaporated Milk
Wooden Skewers

Wash and slice strawberries in 2 pieces (leave stem on), peel and cut the banana into segments. Thread onto skewers.

Nuke chocolate and milk together for 30 seconds on high. Stir till well mixed and drizzle consistency. Place fruit skewers on a wax paper lined baking pan and using a fork drizzle chocolate over fruit skewers.

Place in fridge for a half hour or so to set chocolate.

A few more Berry Good Eggface recipes:

Shelly's Strawberry Banana Breakfast Parfait
Shelly's Strawberry Cannoli
Shelly's Red, White & Blue Strawberry Cannoli
Shelly's Strawberry Peanut Butter Sushi
Shelly's Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's Strawberry Lemonade Fluff Stuff
Shelly's Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's PBJ Protein Smoothie
Shelly's Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Shelly's Strawberry Apple Caramel Crumb
Shelly's Cheesecake Dip
Shelly's Strawberry Banana Trifle
Shelly's Triple Strawberry Protein Smoothie