Monday, July 26, 2010

Today is National Coffee Milkshake Day.

Some of these wacky food holidays are not worth celebrating but I couldn't let this one slip by unheralded. I mean I'll let days like "Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Omelette Day" on July 9th pass and I'm not thinking I'm gonna be celebrating "Four Prunes Day" on October 17th or "National Bicarbonate of Soda Day" on December 30th but "National Coffee Milkshake Day." Yeah that's a day I will celebrate.

I drank this yummy milkshake for breakfast in honor of the day. Mmmm so good. I had breakfast it outside on the patio, enjoying the cool morning air while contemplating how to appropriately celebrate "Grab Some Nuts Day" on August 3. Open to suggestions but keep it clean ;)

Shelly's No Guilt, Good For You, Coffee Malted Milkshake

8 oz. Vanilla Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk or milk/water combo. I'm a soy girl)
1 Tablespoon Malted Milk Powder (No Sugar Added kind)
1 scoop CLICK Espresso Protein Powder (I used Vanilla Latte flavor)
1 scoop SEI Max Chocolate Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes
Optional: Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream and Smucker's Sugar Free Fudge Topping

Add liquid, ice, then powders and blend on high. I serve it with a squirt of Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Smucker's Sugar Free Fudge Topping nuked 20 seconds to drizzling consistency.

Cheers!
Hope everyone has a GREAT week. I've got some great meals planned.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love your blog! As a pre-op So-Cal gal gotta ask... do you ever teach cooking classes?

Anonymous said...

It's also the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disibilities Act of 1990 today.

A good day all around.

RPGypsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly, the milkshake looks great! I'm having trouble finding MAX protein however - I live in PA and the GNC's here don't carry it and it's not even on their website. How do you get it?

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with shakes.. I just wanted to say thank you. You are a total inspiration. I had RNY two weeks ago tomorrow and I can't wait to try your recipes (and buy my own bento box). Best regards, lauri

Camille said...

I've been reading your blog and trying recipes for some time now, but I had to leave a comment about your protein/coffee shake. I had all these ingredients in my house and never thought to combine them!! I love the Click protein powder and mixed with a little milk and chocolate protein powder it really tasted like something horribly expensive from a coffee shop! I also used whipped cream and a little sugar free chocolate syrup. Thank you so much!!! Yum!

battynurse said...

You had a cool morning? I'm jealous. Actually I guess I shouldn't complain as it was only like 94 here today.
I am so hooked on the click. I drink some version of it pretty much daily. I'll have to try this one now.
Grab some nuts day huh? Could be fun. My favorite are the salt and vinegar almonds.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Rebekah, Thankyou. I have done some demonstrations in the past but no classes.

***

Americans with Disabilities Act is even better than Coffee Milkshake Day. Good stuff came out of that.

***

on Max Protein...

Not all GNC's carry it and it is not currently available at GNC.com. It's a franchise store owners choice which brands to carry so I'd suggest requesting it. You maybe able to find SEI Ultimate (same stuff different name, Max name is GNC's use only) here's info on those locations:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/01/ultimate-milk-cookies.html

It is available direct from the company and my blog readers get a 20%

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/heads-up-its-back.html

Hope this helps you locate it.

***

Lauri, Thank you :) Speedy healing wishes being sent!!

***

Camille, And its soooo much better for you than the Starbucks equivalent :)

***

Batty, Yes a little June gloom this AM I loved it!

Anonymous said...

i loveeeeee ur newest pic on the front page of ur blog... ef'n amazing hard work paying off!!! u rock

LilyG said...

I don't have my glasses on and at first glance I saw NINJAS lying across the top of your milkshake!

The Curvy Life said...

I love your recipes and ideas! Thanks!! I love yummy tasty healthy food and you always have great ideas!!

La-