Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tunarrific Lunch & Glee Reminder

My super yummy lunch today would be great to take on a picnic because there's no mayo or yogurt to worry about spoilage. It was soooo good. I'm a big artichoke fan. The pesto artichoke mixture would also be a great dip on it's own with veggie dippers like yellow & red pepper spears or stuffed in celery or piped into cherry tomatoes.

I needed something super quick & easy for lunch today because I am going to be back in the kitchen again tonight making yummy themed snacks for tonight's Glee Finale! Remember when I went up to Los Angeles in April... this is the episode Mum and I saw filmed and are potentially in. So for those of you that watch, no blinking or you may miss the nano-second my Mum and I are on-screen ;) FYI: We're in the balcony, first row of the Regionals performances. I even scored a Program!

If you are an 80's music fan you should watch even if you typically don't. The musical numbers are AMAZING. So excited for the show!

Anyway back to lunch... it was delish!

Shelly's Artichoke Pesto Tuna Salad

1/2 can Artichoke Hearts (13.75 oz. can, water-packed, non-marinated type)
1 Tablespoon Storebought (or homemade) Pesto Sauce
1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I use Roland Ventresca Tuna Fillets)
1 Cucumber, chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Whiz artichoke hearts and pesto in a mini food processor till smooth like a paste. Add to remaining ingredients.

Mix till well combined. This would be great in a low carb wrap, piled on to lettuce or into a tomato half, or I ate it just as it is. It was perfect.

15 comments:

Catherine said...

I love artichokes! My parents first had them on their honeymoon and have been big fans ever since. I need to buy a whole one to steam. :-) And I LOVE the Glee program, especially their names. Poor one-name-only Brittany. LOL

Alexis said...

I love artichokes so that looks delish and I love GLEE so I will totally be watching!

Sara H. in Illinois said...

I think I just saw you!!! Were you wearing a black top???

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yay! Very dark blue and I had a black sweatshirt on at one point. I saw us a few times it was like spotting fireflies LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I saw you on Glee! What a great show last night, too fun! :)

Shelley, Flagstaff, AZ

chpdlivr said...

Shelly, I just went to a Glee watching party at a bar here in town with about 500 folks. It was a blast. I wore my Adida track suit(Sue?). I won some swell Glee beach chairs for answering a trivia question! It was a blast.......when the show came on the big screens every one in the place was silent.

Christine said...

That looks like tunafish!

I just bought my very first can of store-bought Pesto and added it to some salsa the other day. Serious yum! I can't wait to give this recipe a try!

Anonymous said...

I watched Glee last night and looked for you. You'll have to tell us what you were wearing. I have it on my DVR and will watch again. I don't recall any close-ups of the folks in the balcony. Great show!

Now that it's been aired, tell us more about what you saw. Did the actors lip-synch? How did they film the dances?

Thanks,
Peggy

Anonymous said...

So how much did you cry. "To Sir With Love" gets me every time.

Denise B. said...

Looks yummy!
What are the chopped greens in the bowl?
Parsley?
Chives?

Love glee ..totally cried at To Sir With Love

Melissa P. said...

I just wanna say that your blog is super inspirational to me. I have a tendancy to cook for everyone else and not me(RNY 4/20/09). Thank you for all of your fabulous ideas and reminding me that it is okay to take care of me too!!!!

Melissa

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Denise, Thank you. I missed it in the recipe... 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped.

~M

Nkara68 said...

Just watched the episode of Glee last night and forgot to look for you. I was so mesmerized by the singing. Talk about talent!

T2Nashville said...

Girl, I spotted you and Mum right off! There were actually a couple of great shots of both of you. Very, very cool - and maybe the best episode so far. Loved it! Proud to be a GLEEK!

battynurse said...

I get so many good ideas from your blog. I sort of did one of your bean things tonight although I reworked it a bit based on what I had on hand etc. It turned out fabulous.