Tunarrific Lunch & Glee Reminder

My super yummy lunch today would be great to take on a picnic because there's no mayo or yogurt to worry about spoilage. It was soooo good. I'm a big artichoke fan. The pesto artichoke mixture would also be a great dip on it's own with veggie dippers like yellow & red pepper spears or stuffed in celery or piped into cherry tomatoes.

I needed something super quick & easy for lunch today because I am going to be back in the kitchen again tonight making yummy themed snacks for tonight's Glee Finale! Remember when I went up to Los Angeles in April... this is the episode Mum and I saw filmed and are potentially in. So for those of you that watch, no blinking or you may miss the nano-second my Mum and I are on-screen ;) FYI: We're in the balcony, first row of the Regionals performances. I even scored a Program!

If you are an 80's music fan you should watch even if you typically don't. The musical numbers are AMAZING. So excited for the show!

Anyway back to lunch... it was delish!

Shelly's Artichoke Pesto Tuna Salad

1/2 can Artichoke Hearts (13.75 oz. can, water-packed, non-marinated type)
1 Tablespoon Storebought (or homemade) Pesto Sauce
1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I use Roland Ventresca Tuna Fillets)
1 Cucumber, chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Whiz artichoke hearts and pesto in a mini food processor till smooth like a paste. Add to remaining ingredients.

Mix till well combined. This would be great in a low carb wrap, piled on to lettuce or into a tomato half, or I ate it just as it is. It was perfect.