Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

It was National Donut Day (or is it Doughnut) yesterday so I made a batch of my Mini Protein Donuts. I made the Berry version. I also have a Chocolate and a Fall Spice version but I think my current favs are these Berry ones. The SEI Max (aka Ultimate) Protein I use has little chunks of dehydrated strawberry in it and it makes the donuts super yummy.

Breakfast: Donuts of course!

Shelly's Mini Berry Protein Donuts

1 cup Almond Flour (aka Almond Meal) (Trader Joe's, health food stores, online or make your own)
1/2 cup Strawberry Protein Powder
1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla but Black Cherry, Raspberry or Strawberry would be great too)
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1/4 cup Water
Super Groovy Mini Donut Pan

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients till well combined. Spray Mini Donut Pan with Pam. Fill 1/2 full with batter (batter is the consistency of brownie batter). Bake 8 minutes.

Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Donut Glaze

4 Mini Sugar-Free Chocolate Bars (or milk, dark or white chocolate)
1 Tablespoon Sugar-Free Torani Syrup

Nuke for 30 seconds or so till melted. Stir to combine. Coats 12 donuts. Dip cooled donuts into chocolate glaze and then into optional toppings.

Topping Ideas:

Crushed SF Candy (SF Candy Canes, SF Malted Milk Balls, SF Jordan Almonds)
Toasted or Untoasted Unsweetened Coconut
Crushed Nuts (Peanuts, Hazelnuts, Almonds)
Crushed SF Cookies
No Sugar Added Malted Milk Powder

Save leftover toppings and toss into a batch of Protein Ice Cream. I call it my "Kitchen Sink" Protein Ice Cream (as in everything and the kitchen sink)

Lunch: a dollop of Pineapple Cottage Cheese with Fresh Cherries. The cherries are great this year. Not cheap yet, I'm hoping they drop in price next week. When they get really cheap I buy up a bunch, pit them and freeze them for use in smoothies and other recipes all year long.

Dinner: Mmmm Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with sauteed Peppers and Onions, Roast Beef, a sprinkle of Parmesan and Shredded Cheese. I know my Philly friends would use Provolone (a provi) or a smear of Cheese Whiz (a whiz wit) but I only had Co-Jack on hand... whaddya want from a New Yawker ;)

When you saute the peppers and onions right before they are done toss in the roast beef and 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and a few twists of black pepper.

Snacks: Currently hooked on homemade Caramel Iced Coffee.

I use my Keurig machine. I brew an extra bold coffee on the iced setting. Pour over ice. Add soy milk (my fav), a pump of SF Vanilla Torani Syrup, a squirt of No Sugar Added Whipped Cream and a drizzle of SF Caramel Topping (Smucker's) and another donut.