A day in my pouch

My post weight loss surgery day in eating...

Breakfast: It was California Strawberry Day yesterday. Had to celebrate with a batch of Strawberry Cannoli. Forgot to snap the pictures of yesterday's batch before we devoured the plate of them but here's what the yummy lil' suckers look like.

Lunch: Sadly, nothing much to speak of... I had a Grande Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce, No Whip, No Foam, Soy Latte from Starbucks.

I got a call from my friend to come in and help her... I assembled 300 corporate boxed lunches. There's a Starbuck's down the street and I was planning on having one of those Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Feta & Egg White Whole Wheat Wrap dealios for lunch (I order them double cooked so they are crispy/easier to eat) but alas they were all out. So I just stuck to a latte and looked forward to coming home to my yummy planned dinner.

Oh just a Weight Loss Surgery Eating/Drinking FYI: If I am staying at Starbuck's (love Free Wifi) I order my wrap and then wait my 30 minutes till I go back up and order my latte. I have that Gold Card so the bonus is going on line again I get an extra star that visit... 15 ✩ stars = free drink.

If I am on-the-go I order any food (wrap or oatmeal) and my latte order becomes Grande Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce, No Whip, No Foam, Extra Hot Soy Latte. The drink is so hot it could peel paint but it's just right by the time I get to drink it. Just don't forget and take a sip right away or OUCH!

Dinner: Got home and made a delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes. Take that Rachael Ray ;) I made Baked Greek Shrimp with Cucumber Salad & Greek Yogurt Dressing.


Shelly's Baked Greek Shrimp

14 Large Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on or off
1 Yellow Onion, sliced
3 Green Onions, diced
1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons White Wine
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest, grated
1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled (I used Crumbled Feta with Tomato & Basil Seasonings)
Olive Oil for sauteing

Saute onions till golden. Add garlic and wine (the alcohol cooks off, don't omit this) and cook 1 more minute. Spread onion mixture onto a pie plate. Season with salt, pepper & oregano and sprinkle with zest. Arrange shrimp on top of onion mixture.

Sprinkle with feta. Bake at 450 for 12-14 minutes or until feta is golden and shrimp are pink.


Snacks: Oodles of Coffee throughout the day and after dinner I made a batch of Strawberry Apple Crumbs to have for dessert during The Amazing Race.

Shelly's Strawberry Apple Caramel Crumb

2 small Apples, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup
4-5 Big Ripe Strawberries, diced

Topping
1/3 cup Almond Meal (you can use Raw Almonds just whiz fine first)
1/3 cup Steel Cut Oats
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Cold Butter

Optional topping: a squirt of Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Smucker's SF Caramel Sauce

Peel and chop apples toss with SF syrup and seasonings and cook for 5 minutes till soft but still whole. Fill 4-4 oz. ramekins about 3/4 of the way full with apples and strawberries. Set aside.

Whiz topping ingredients in a mini food processor. Sprinkle clumps of the topping equally over each ramekin of fruit.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with optional caramel sauce and whipped cream, hot or cold. I prefer them cold.

It was a funny Amazing Race last night. The teams were in France and one of the tasks had them trying to find a particular town square with a statue of Joan of Arc in order to receive their next clue. The two teams that aren't the brightest bulbs were battling to not come in last. Here's a quote from one of those teams: "Joan of Arc he's that guy with the ship that saved all the animals."

Yeah they were eliminated.

My cowboys are still holding on.