Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

I'm sick. I have the creeping crud. Achy, chills, gnarly headache, sore throat. This is my first cold/flu/whatever it is since having weight loss surgery 3 1/2+ years ago. Yesterday I spent most of the day bundled up under a heap of blankets with my HP Mini and the TV remote drinking hot tea and I'm thinking that is pretty much the plan for today too. Well... I might set myself up on a patio lawn chair. The weather has been great 80's, sunny blue skies but I hear that maybe changing soon so I think I'll take advantage while I can and plop myself down in the sunshine. Hopefully bake this crud out of my body.

What I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I'm on a strawberry kick. Strawberry = Vitamin C good for colds.


Shelly's Triple Strawberry Protein Smoothie

8 oz. Any Milk (I used Soy Milk)
1 scoop Strawberry Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar-Free Strawberry Torani Syrup
3-4 Frozen Strawberries (or Ice)

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with Homemade No Sugar Added Whipped Cream, optional.


Lunch: No cooking just chop, mix and eat.

Shelly's Tuna Pesto Salad

1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
1 Cucumber, diced
1/4 of a Red Onion, diced fine
1 cup Frozen Peas, defrosted
1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I use Roland Ventresca Tuna Fillets)
2-3 Tablespoons Storebought Pesto
1 Tablespoon Vinegar (any fruity one will do cider, champagne)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix together all ingredients and let marinate at least 1 hour before serving.



Dinner: Another easy one. A few minutes assembly toss on grill, close lid, walk away. Back in 15 minutes to a perfectly cooked dinner with virtually NO CLEAN-UP :) ate it with steamed green beans (not pictured)

Shelly's Pesto Halibut Packet

1 fillet of Halibut (any firmer white fish will do: Cod, Halibut, Tilapia, Orange Roughy)
1 Green Onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Storebought Pesto Sauce
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
a slice of Lemon
Aluminum foil

Ingredients listed are for one packet multiply it for how many packets you are making. Place all ingredients in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (if you are using the $1 store stuff double it) Fold the foil over and seal each packet.


BBQ 15 minutes in covered grill. Open packets carefully steam burns are not fun.

Snacks: Cutie Mandarin Orange (more Vitamin C) and tons of soothing Herbal Tea, a few cups of Coffee in there too I tried but couldn't go all day without it.