Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A day in my pouch

Yesterday in my post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Shelly's Indiana Corn & Sausage Bites leftovers. Love these little suckers. They are basically crustless quiches. Fine up to 3 days in the fridge or you can freeze them and defrost as needed. Reheat in oven. Great breakfast on-to-go, lunch with a scoop of one of my bean salads, or party appetizer. Perfect way to use leftovers up... anything can turn into a bite.

Here's a link to a ton of my Bite recipes.

Lunch: Packed my super cool bento box and watched the waves of the mighty Pacific crash. Storm was moving in so it was cool and angry looking. I need to do this more often. Totally rejuvenates me.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad
Orange Box (top right): Roasted Chickpeas
Blue Box (bottom left): Cheesestick
Green Box (bottom right): Frozen Defrosted Peaches (sprinkled w/SF Vanilla Torani, Cinnamon, & a few sliced Almonds)

Shelly's Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad

3 oz. Smoked Salmon (Lox), chopped
1/2 a Hothouse Cucumber, diced
1 stalk of Celery, sliced

Dressing
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayo
a few twists of Black Pepper
a dash of Kosher Salt

Whiz lox in a mini food processor till coarsely chopped.

Mix together all ingredients till well combined.


Dinner: Shelly's Asian Lettuce Cups - A go-to dinner when I want something quick & easy. The only change from the original recipe was I only had 2 green onions so I sauteed 1/2 a yellow onion and tossed that in.


Snacks: Finished the stuff in my Bento Box (pictured above), Shelly's Protein Parfait and too much Coffee.

Shelly's Protein Parfait

Layer 1: Sugar Free Whipped Cream
Layer 2: Sugar Free Strawberry Topping (Smuckers, frozen defrosted strawberries would be great too)
Layer 3: Sugar Free Strawberry Protein Pudding (Vanilla Pudding w/ Max Strawberry Protein Powder and 2 drops of red food coloring mixed in)
Layer 4: Sugar Free Chocolate Protein Pudding (Chocolate Pudding w/ Max Chocolate Protein Powder mixed in)

I mix about 2 tablespoons of protein powder into 1/4 cup pudding.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I live vicariously through you... through your great food, your trips to the beach, your sunshine... so jealous here! I love your blog and check daily for new posts. I am in Cbus OH and we are blanketed with snow, but on a good night, I'm a teacher and have the day off! I'm not quite two months post-surgery, so eating is still tricky. Sometimes something that works one day totally does not agree with me the next... it is a big mystery! But, I'm loving the progress I'm making and it is all worth the prize. :) Anyway, loving you every day - I feel like you're a kindred spirit across the country. Thank you!!

Tammara, Jess and Cory said...

I love the crustless Quiches we love to freeze and take for breakfast through out the week. Thank you for all the wonderful recipes.

dining room tables said...

This is another delicious recipe from you and I really like it! I envy your trips to the beach!

Large Wall Mirrors Gal said...

Mmmm....When I see it I can imagine how much tasty is the recipe and I'll try it soon.

Granite Dining Tables said...

I guess they are still delicious. I love schedules of food. It can really make me fit.