Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

Yesterday in my post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Shelly's Indiana Corn & Sausage Bites leftovers. Love these little suckers. They are basically crustless quiches. Fine up to 3 days in the fridge or you can freeze them and defrost as needed. Reheat in oven. Great breakfast on-to-go, lunch with a scoop of one of my bean salads, or party appetizer. Perfect way to use leftovers up... anything can turn into a bite.

Here's a link to a ton of my Bite recipes.

Lunch: Packed my super cool bento box and watched the waves of the mighty Pacific crash. Storm was moving in so it was cool and angry looking. I need to do this more often. Totally rejuvenates me.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad
Orange Box (top right): Roasted Chickpeas
Blue Box (bottom left): Cheesestick
Green Box (bottom right): Frozen Defrosted Peaches (sprinkled w/SF Vanilla Torani, Cinnamon, & a few sliced Almonds)

Shelly's Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad

3 oz. Smoked Salmon (Lox), chopped
1/2 a Hothouse Cucumber, diced
1 stalk of Celery, sliced

Dressing
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayo
a few twists of Black Pepper
a dash of Kosher Salt

Whiz lox in a mini food processor till coarsely chopped.

Mix together all ingredients till well combined.


Dinner: Shelly's Asian Lettuce Cups - A go-to dinner when I want something quick & easy. The only change from the original recipe was I only had 2 green onions so I sauteed 1/2 a yellow onion and tossed that in.


Snacks: Finished the stuff in my Bento Box (pictured above), Shelly's Protein Parfait and too much Coffee.

Shelly's Protein Parfait

Layer 1: Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Layer 2: Sugar-Free Strawberry Topping (Smuckers, frozen defrosted strawberries would be great too)
Layer 3: Sugar-Free Strawberry Protein Pudding (Vanilla Pudding w/ Strawberry Protein Powder and 2 drops of red food coloring mixed in)
Layer 4: Sugar-Free Chocolate Protein Pudding (Chocolate Pudding w/ Chocolate Protein Powder mixed in)

I mix about 2 tablespoons of protein powder into 1/4 cup pudding.