Plan to beat the heat - Bento Lunch

I ate lunch & snacks outside on the patio yesterday afternoon. Spent almost the whole afternoon outside just trying to enjoy the outdoors while I can. I worked on the computer and picked the remaining apples off the tree before this week's record heat dehydrates them on the branch.

I've been trying to think of cool indoor things to do. Mall walking is great exercise when the heat gets too bad to walk outside. Just leave your purse in the car trunk or it could be an expensive walk ;) I'm going to hit the cheapy (2nd run) movie theater and maybe the library. Gotta love free AC.

I'll be cooking early in the morning or after dark so the oven doesn't heat the house up. The rest of the day will be cold foods: bean salads, chicken salads, salad salads, protein ice cream, shakes and smoothies.

My super cool bento lunch...

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Menus Breakfast Lunch Dinner RNY Gastric Bypass VSG Sleeve
Blue Box (top left): Sliced Apples with a spritz of fresh lemon juice
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Pumpkin Protein Pudding
Pink Box (bottom left): Shelly's Savory Pesto Pancakes
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's Italian Tomato Salsa
Along side: Mozzarella Cheesestick


Shelly's Pumpkin Protein Pudding

1/2 cup Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding, prepared
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Prepare pudding according to package instructions. I make it in my blender ball shaker. Add protein, pumpkin and syrup. Shake. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes to firm up. Top with sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Great for dipping apple slices.