Wednesday, September 24, 2008

500th Post Philly Style


In honor of my upcoming trip to the City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia I made a few yummy dishes with a Philly feel.

Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Tortilla Pizza

Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with shaved roast beef, sauteed peppers, onions & mushrooms, a twist of black pepper was on both but then the great cheese debate ensued...

I made 2 versions: A Whiz Wit (that's with Cheese Whiz)


and a Provi (with Provolone Cheese)



and for dessert...


Shelly's "Rocky Balboa" Road Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF White Chocolate)
2 Tablespoons Nuts, chopped (I used walnuts, pecans, almonds combo)
1 Sugar Free Marshmallow Peep, chopped up

Mix together milk, protein powder and syrup together. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the nuts and peep. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so.

I finally found a use for the peeps that were bouncing around my freezer since Easter...

First Degree Peepicide - this peep must have pissed off the wrong person.


Highlights of the day:

* Hey a little heads up for those of you going to the Philly or LA OH events... there will be tons of groovy prizes. Beth (Melting Mama) and I even get to raffle off some fun stuff.

* This meal was sooooo good and I'm even more jazzed about going to Philly now.

* I just realized this is my 500th post on Eggface Wow! I talk a lot.

Listening to: "Under Pressure" David Bowie & Queen

11 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Grats on the 500.

RAFFLES! WOOT.

NOM on the Pizza.

Leslie (leslieakuhn@yahoo.com) said...

Love your blog! I look forward to checkin' in with you every day.

Can't wait to see you in Philly! Have a safe trip!

Losin' LeeLee from Delaware
(recent lapbander...April 21st, 2008)

Melanie B said...

oh I am so happy to see that worm dirt gone from your first post. :) Looking forward ot meeting you in Philly and that pizza looks devine - i wonder how it tastes fresh outta the blender?

Melanie
AKA FatgirlSlimin08

BrendaB said...

OMG, that little peep, you chopped off his wittle head!
Got my icecream maker yesterday and the bowl has been happily freezing overnight, so tonight I'm making one of your icecream recipes.
BTW, cooking.com is selling your ice cream maker in a sexy red with an extra bowl right now. Wish I'd seen it before, but oh well!

Madam Elvis said...

YEAH!! HOLY MOLEY 500! I know you....you got a LOT MORE COMIN! Man can you TALK! lol! AHHHH!! Peepacide!! Poor Basid! You must have some action happening in your feezer! What's next? A peep holding your fudge pops hostage! Talk about material for a peep show!

NY

Diane said...

I had no idea there were sugar-free peeps! How cool!

MICHELMOBA said...

so which won - cheeze whiz or provolone? Or are you holding out for you to reveal the answer at the OCT Philly event? (yup...I got my tix)

PS...happy 500!

Rachel S said...

Eggface, I posted a message on OH, but I really want you to know how much I appreciate you dedication to food! I looked at your blog yesterday showing it to a couple of friends and I started craving the Philly steak, went to luch orderd a philly sub no bread and It broke my stall. (short version) Thankyou again for all of your hard work and for making me crave food! Rachel S.

Paige said...

Made the pizza with provlone today and it was so yummy!!! Even my husband liked it!

honeygirls said...

Where do I find the sugar free vanilla?

Maven said...

I agree with Diane, I didn't know sugar free peeps existed! Off to Amazon I go "in search of" !!!