Here's the ramblings part of The World According to Eggface ~ Recipes & Ramblings of a Former Fat Chick...
In the beginning of this weight loss surgery journey it's easy to get obsessed with getting to GOAL.
Newsflash: there's no finish line just more of the same.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in the interest of keeping it real... this journey gets even harder.
Tips for the Long Haul:
* Plan your meals. Read this.
* Stop grazing. If it isn't in the plan for the day. Put it down! Some days I feel crazy hungry... I just try not to feed the beast. If it's not my 3 meals and 2 snacks that are planned it's not going in my mouth.
* Get rid of stuff in the house you shouldn't have. Don't use the excuse it's for the kids, it's for hubby, etc. They don't need it either. It's a lie we tell ourselves.
* Track your intake and output for a week or two at a site like www.fitday.com or www.dailyplate.com it'll be obvious pretty quick what area needs to be cut or added to (in fact, you probably already know the answer.) Yes it's a pain in the ass to track... so is being fat and trying to lose weight. Pick your poison ;)
* Find something active you like to do. If you don't like to do it it's probably not going to continue. I don't do smelly gyms but some people love them. What works for me.
* Get support. My latest favorite support route is Twitter we have a Weight Loss Surgery Twibe - 800+ members who check in with each other daily to chat, bitch, moan, celebrate. All current and former fat chicks (and a few dudes) so we all "get it" feel free to come hang out. I'm Eggface on there (add me) and then join the WLS Twibe to add other WLS pals (pre-ops, post-ops, all surgery types... all fighting the good fight)
* Remember food for us was an addiction. We are recovering addicts. Sometimes you can't do it on your own and may need some professional help. Weight Loss Surgery Success = working on the head as well as the body. They operate on our guts, not our heads. That is up to us!
If you aren't doing the "right things" Change.
"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." ~Lao Tzu
Remember every new day is a chance to ¨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨ transform your life. Hell every new minute. Drop the cookie.
Oh and no diets... no liquid for a week crap... no pills. We had weight loss surgery to get off that rollercoaster. Make life changes (food, water, exercise, head) you can live with forever 'cause this battle is forever.
Standard disclaimer: I am not a weight loss surgery expert just another post-op trying to fight the daily battles against obesity and come out a winner for life. This is just my 2.5 cents (.5 for inflation)