Monday, August 10, 2009

Almost Perfect

It was a great weekend. Beautiful weather. Not too hot. I spent lots of time outside... the Farmer's Market, a couple of super long walks, two yummy picnics and lovely evenings on the patio swing making wishes on stars.

Here's what I filled my Super Cool Bento Box with for one of those yummy picnics...


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Herbalicious Chicken Salad
Green Box (top right): Green & Kyoho Grapes
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Zucchini Nut Mini Loaf
Orange (bottom right): BabyBel and Wee Brie Cheese
Along side: Peach Green Tea Drink Stick


Shelly's Herbalicious Chicken Salad

2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts, chopped
1 Cucumber, diced
1 stalk Celery, sliced
2 Green Onions, diced
1 cup Broccoli Florets, chopped into bite size pieces
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts

Herbalicious Dressing
1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint
2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix all salad ingredients together and set aside. In a mini food processor (A post-op MUST have) whiz dressing ingredients till smooth.

I add everything but the feta first whiz then add the feta and whiz again. Pour dressing over salad and mix till well combined. Chill.

You can serve it as is, over mixed greens or in a low carb tortilla like a wrap.



Great weekend. Almost perfect. Por que almost you ask?

Well... the star ✩ wishes need to come true ;)

Hope your weekend was PERFECT!

6 comments:

~Oct said...

such a cute Bento! And I have got to try that Zucchini bread recipe.

Anonymous said...

do you eat everything in your Bento box in one sitting? The zucchini bread look delicious...need to try.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Oct, Hope you enjoy it!

***

Anon, Sometimes. This time almost... I shared the zucchini bread and cheese. Usually I pack it for 1/2 a day so it's a meal & a snack :)

~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

I know you don't do nutrition analysis on your recipes, but I was wondering about the chicken salad because it seemed so yummy sounding. So I ran it through caloriecount.about.com and came it with the following per serving, assuming it makes 4 servings:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 242 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories 264
Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11.1g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Cholesterol 85mg
Sodium 544mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.1g
Dietary Fiber 1.7g
Sugars 4.4g
Protein 31.5g

Vitamin A 12% • Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 16% • Iron 15%

Nutrition Grade A- (assigned by website)


So, lots of protein and pretty low carb, especially since most of the carbs are good ones from veggies!

I am certainly planning to make this soon. I just had lapband surgery on July 23rd, so I am still cautious on crunchy or hard things.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Great yes it was 4 servings. I hope you enjoy it. I don't put nut info on my recipes because as you know if you change up something the #'s can swing like a pendulum. You know 2% Fage versus 0% etc. so I let others do their own Math I'm just the idea girl :)

~Michelle

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I should say it was 4 large servings... like normal stomach size.