Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dessert Pizza


I took a Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla spread peanut butter on it (I used PB & CO's Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter.) I nuked* the PB first for 15 seconds to make it spreadable and topped it with sliced banana, raspberries and blueberries and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup. Popped it in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Voila Tortilla Pizza: The Dolce Version.

OMG! The peanut butter and fruit get all warm and gooey. YUM! Kids would soooo love this especially if they made their own. I think I'm going to try one with ricotta cheese, sf maple syrup, and fruit. Hmmmm sliced figs maybe?

* So ummm yeah one word of caution: Spoon your peanut butter into a bowl before nuking. DO NOT put the jar directly in the microwave as microscopic remnants of foil seal around the rim will make your microwave look like the Esplanade in Boston on the 4th of July.

8 comments:

BTC said...

Michelle - I went on the Peanut Butter & Co's web site and didn't find a Cinnamon Swirl PB. All I found is one called "Smooth Operator". Where do you buy it?

Thanks,
Betsy

Michelle said...

Hey Betsy, I get it locally at Albertson's or Ralph's supermarkets but online you can get it here:

http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/items_4.html

It's yummy but regular PB with some cinnamon and raisins added would be yummy too.

~Michelle

BTC said...

I found a Super Walmart nearby that carries the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas, but I can't get there until tomorrow after work - drat! At least I now know where to get them. They may also have the PB&Co there too. I'm so excited - I can't wait to make your fruit pizza.

Thanks,
Betsy

Margo said...

Michelle,
I look forward to reading your postings and the fact that you come up with all these recipes AMAZES me.
I am 6 weeks post op and struggling. I don't particularly like to cook nor am I very creative so I struggle with food choices.
You are a FABULOUS inspiration and even I don't try the recipes yet...I plan to soon!
Thanks for sharing with all of us.
~Margo~
http://margosjourney.blogspot.com/

Whiskerz81 said...

Is there anything else that can be used instead of PB that might taste good with the fruit?

Michelle said...

Thank you Margo I hope you enjoy it!

Michelle said...

Hi whiskerz, I'm going to try a ricotta, SF maple syrup and sliced fig one as soon as I find some decent fresh figs. I figure the sf maple and the ricotta with taste cannoli-ish.

You could also use almond butter or another nut butter or banana mashed up or cream cheese flavored with SF Torani.

Let me know what you come up with.

~Michelle

sparklingsue said...

Hi Michelle~
I LOVE this pizza, it is so delicious, I almost feel like I am cheating!
Thanks for sharing all of you awesome recipes!!!
Sue