Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lunch at the Beach

It was a beautiful day so my Mum and I ditched our responsibilities and chores and took off to the beach. We brought a bento box lunch in the new bento bag we made.


Mum eating a bag of Emergency Stash Trail Mix (see even non-ops like it)

Our view to the left

Our view to the right

Hard to believe looking at that gorgeous bright blue cloudless sky that we are supposedly in for a storm this week. Ha. See we weren't being slackers ditching our work. We were just wisely taking advantage of a window of good weather. Yeah, that's it.

Our yummy weight loss surgery friendly bento lunch...


Blue Box and Mini Blue Box (top left): Sliced Cucumbers, Sugar Snap Peas, Roasted Garlic Hummus for dipping veggies
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Coconut Cream Pie Pudding
Pink Box (bottom left): Green Grapes and Swiss Cheese (these are pretty nifty for dividing foods that don't really go together)
Green Box (bottom right): Turkey Roll-ups

We also brought 2 snack baggies of Shelly's Emergency Stash Trail Mix, bottled water, and some trashy magazines.

A perfect day.

8 comments:

Laura Preston said...

I want to be your neighbor! Do you have any idea how much trouble we could get in? I need to move to CA and we need to be roommates!!!

I adore you missy!!!

Tammara, Jess and Cory said...

Oh I love it. I wish we had the sun we got snow again today!! I am so sick of the Snow!!

Janell said...

I have been lurking on your blog for a few weeks now. I am 20 months post op gastric bypass. You are such an inspiration to me. I love how creative you are with your food choices. Thanks for taking the time to post daily. I actually look forward to logging on daily to see what you are eating. Keep up the creativity! I'm just about ready to order one of those bento boxes. They seem to come in very handy

txspatter said...

You are the light of each new day. I was 'banded' on March 12th and have lost 39 pounds thus far. I'm still on soft foods and can't wait for one more week to pass. The pics of your recipes and your recipes are terrific. They alone create inspiration for success, but your comments and insights are the key! Yep, yours is the first thing I check each morning to see what the heck you've been up to. Love the pics at the beach and just wonder...what doth you do besides create outstanding recipes for the 'losers'?!!!*** of the best kind!
Yippee Skippy and have a super tomorrow!!

Sherry said...

After seeing all of these wonderful lunches you make in your Laptop Lunch kit (bento box), I finally ordered one for myself earlier today. Now...I just have to take the initiative to actually put some food in it before I leave for work. ;)

Angie said...

I lovvve that bento box! SOOO cool! Where do I get one??

Michelle "Shelly" said...

TY Angie. I love it too. Click on the link "super cool bento box" in the post to find an online source :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

(((Laura))) I know huh. I wish!

***

Thank you guys for the lovely comments :)