One Fish, Two Fish...

This was my lunch today with a pile of sauteed spinach. Yummy.


Shelly's Creamy Crab topped Baked Fish

1 Yellow Onion, diced
4 Green Onions, diced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup storebought Alfredo Sauce (I used bottled Bertolli)
1/2 cup Bruschetta Sauce (found near the fresh pasta)
1 (6 oz. can) Crab Meat, drained
2 pounds (approx.) Fish Fillets (I used Cod but Red Snapper, Sole, Tilapia, Orange Roughy, Flounder, would work great)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
pinch or two of Oregano

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onions till golden. Add garlic cook 1 minute more. Mix sauces, veggie mixture and crab together. Arrange fish in a Pyrex casserole dish. Season with salt & pepper. Pour sauce mixture over. Sprinkle with grated cheese and oregano. Bake, uncovered 35 minutes.

Perfect served with sauteed Spinach, Green Beans, or Zucchini. Non-ops could add fettuccine or rice but seriously you do not miss it with a side of veggies. This fish would be a yummy choice in the soft phase. It's got great moisture keeping everything going in the right direction if you know what I'm saying ;)


Highlights of the Day:

* Up at 3 AM this morning I took advantage and organized my pantry. What? Doesn't everyone do that at 3 AM?! LOL seriously though I've been wanting to make a separate shelf for my Sugar Free Syrups. I pulled them all out on the counter first. Think I have enough of them?

I use them all though... Protein Ice Cream, Protein Shakes & Smoothies, Baking and in Coffee and Cocoa. Mmmm.

* Scored full size girly girl freebies at the mall. I'm going to smell irresistible with my new Vera Wang and Ralph Lauren smelly goops. Mum waited on line too and gave me hers. I heart my Mum.

* Thinking this might be a two fish day. I'm in the mood for Sashimi. Fish is so good for us post-ops. Oodles of protein.

Listening to: "Notorious" Notorious B.I.G.