Monday, August 25, 2008

Vanilla & Coconut

Feeling like you are experiencing déjà vu? I made the chocolate version earlier today so I had to try the vanilla. OMG I don't know which is better. They both rock! If you have the extra cylinder for your ice cream machine or this baby you could crank out a batch of each and have a double scoop.


Shelly's Vanilla Coconut Cookie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF White Chocolate)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
4-6 Sugar Free Coconut Cookies, (I used these) broken into pieces

Toast unsweetened coconut (available at health food stores, organic markets or online) on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for a few minutes till golden stirring every minute or so. Set aside to cool. Store cooled, extra coconut in a Tupperware. Unsweetened coconut tastes so much better and waaaaay more coco-nutty then that sweetened shredded stuff we are used to.

Mix together milk, coconut, syrup and protein. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minute before done add the cookies.


You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.

7 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

I am going to have to get one of those fluffer uppers cause my ice cream is not as frothy. The small hand held outboard motor just doesn't get it. Do you think it would froth it up more if I put it in the big blender?

Diane said...

Both the chocolate AND vanilla look delicious! I am awaiting the arrival of MY very own ice cream maker....can't wait to try it out! Keep those yummies coming!

Diane said...

Also.....where do you get your protein powder?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey debbie, A blender should work. The little gadget adds a lot of air so the milk almost doubles with froth.

***

Hi Diane, I get my Max Protein at my local GNC it's not available at all GNC's though apparently it's a franchise choice to carry what they carry. On my protein shake page you'll find the phone # of the company to call for locations in your area.

~Michelle

~Michelle

Diane said...

yippeeeee.....my GNC guy carries the Max Protein and he L-O-V-E-S it! Thanks for the info!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Hi,
Can you tell me how slow to pour in the ingredients? My machine seized up and got all icy as you had warned! Any tips? Thanks for all of the gret recipes!
Kathryn

Michelle "Shelly" said...

kathyrn,

Well LOL slower than you poured it ;) but more importantly be sure it churning at the time you pour the mixture in. It takes a few times to get in the zone.