Monday, August 25, 2008

Chocolate & Coconut


Shelly's Chocolate Coconut Cookie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF White Chocolate)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
4-6 Sugar Free Coconut Cookies, (I used these) broken into pieces

Toast unsweetened coconut (available at health food stores, organic markets or online) on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for a few minutes till golden stirring every minute or so. Set aside to cool. Store cooled, extra coconut in a Tupperware. Unsweetened coconut tastes so much better and waaaaay more coco-nutty then that sweetened shredded stuff we are used to.

Mix together milk, coconut, syrup and protein. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minute before done add the cookies. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.


Well so much for the sleeping situation getting better... it's 1:47 AM. Going to take your suggestions and get some Melatonin today when the rest of the world wakes up.

6 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

I haven't made any protein ice cream in over a week and my husband is the one who is complaining that he has missed having it. I will have to get it together and make him some. I was wanting to get some of the new protein powder before tyring another batch, but he is making it impossible to wait with his whining. Who knew he would like it so much, but it's food, so I should have known.

Doug said...

You said, "5 minute before done add the cookies." Did you, perhaps, mean to add the coconut? This one sounds yummy!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL Debbie. That is the ultimate compliment hubby's and kiddos are the true critics.

***

Hey Doug, Nope it's the cookies. The coconut goes in with the milk, syrup and protein. The cookies can't take the full 20 minutes of churning they would disintegrate so add those in the last 5 minutes.

~Michelle

Leigh said...

I am so happy I found your blog, yes through OH. I have just booked my surgery. I am very nervous. Thank You so much for sharing this recipes and your story.

Hope you are well!

Barb Del Piano said...

Yummy! One of my absolute Fav's! Vanilla & Coconut! Sorry I have been away so long! and I'm sorry for your sleep situation. Camomile Tea is a NICE RELXING mellowing treat. VERY SOOTHING! I am drinking some now, and fee very..................................................................................oooooooops sorry I just DOZED off!

Robyn said...

ok this looks so heavenly, I have been dying for ice cream and it always seems to make me sick, so Im gonna try it! The cream always gets me, I would have never thought of soy milk, can you do this in a regualar ice cream maker?