Awesome day

Well today was absolutely AWESOME. I walked forever. I went on a huge hike (cliffs/beach), came back to the beach for a picnic lunch then Mum and I walked a few miles through town.

I am still amazed at the gift I have been given through having weight loss surgery. Just two years ago I was walking the length of the mall and had to stop to rest on a bench several times. Today I was hiking up cliffs!?!

Some pictures from the day:



Picnic at the beach: Pesto Feta Yogurt Dip & Veggies, Cold Cut Roll-ups, leftover Foo Rangoon Bites, Pickles, Dried Fruit and Nuts


Shelly's Pesto Feta Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt (I buy the 2%)
2 Tablespoons Store bought Pesto Sauce (I use Trader Joe's but Buitoni/Contadina has one available in most supermarkets near fresh pasta)
2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese, crumbled (I use the Tomato Basil flavor)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper.

Mix together and let sit for a few minutes in the fridge (pack on ice for a picnic.) It's a great dip for beef, fish, chicken, or veggies.


Dinner was at In & Out. A local Southern California burger joint. I rarely do "fast food" but I will treat myself to one of their Single Cheeseburgers every month or so. Regular Eggface readers know I don't do bread (or pasta or rice) so I order it "Protein Style" which is the cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce no bun with grilled onions. Soooo good.



Highlights of the day:

* Spending time with my Mum.

* The amazing gift of weight loss surgery. I am blessed.

* All of the above.

Listening to: U2 "Beautiful Day" of course ;)