Beach picnic

I threw this salad together this morning and headed to the beach.


Shelly's Cannelini and Avocado Salad

1 can (15 oz.) Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
2 Avocados, diced
2 Tomatoes, diced
1/4 of a small Red Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
a few twists of freshly ground Black Pepper
Kosher Salt to taste
Store bought Balsamic Dressing

Combine ingredients with enough dressing to moisten. Can also be made with leftover grilled chicken breast, cold shrimp or salmon to bump up the protein. You can eat it just as it is like I did or spoon on top of a green salad or it can also be served in a tortilla wrap.


My picnic was complete with Cold Cut Roll-ups and Italian Cracker Jack.

Here I am eating my Italian Cracker Jack...


My friends like it too...


It was 75 degrees today. When God gives you a gift like this in February you have to go to the beach. There are no options. I stared at the ocean, listened to my Ipod and breathed deep.



Good day.