Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You'll flip for them

When you are jonesing for a short stack at your local greasy spoon make one of these instead. Yum!


Cottage Cheese Pancakes (with a tropical twist)

1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (I used cottage cheese with pineapple)
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I used Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till bubbles appear, flip. Cook till done. Serve with SF Maple Syrup (I use Cary's). Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.

These are very tender pancakes so smaller is better for flipping. They won't get any style points but they taste great. Oodles of protein too.

7 comments:

Bean said...

Once again... my HERO... I had 1 1/2 for breakfast this a.m. I feel SO normal and full :) THANK YOU for posting your reciepes.

Leslie said...

Awesome! Just awesome! You should be hired out as a WLS chef. We have room at our house.

Elena said...

I tried to cook these but couldn't flip them... they were too gooie.. I couldn't pick them up, they just became nothing. Any advice?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Elena,

Try draining your cottage cheese a little. Sounds like it might have been too wet... or 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 ricotta cheese will make a easier flipper... I have a few recipes for those too. Check the search box for: riccotage pancakes.

Hope this helps,
~M

Anonymous said...

i cant remember how many carbs & such are in the cottage cheese pancakes??

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Enter your ingredients at fitday.com, take the totals you are given & divide by serving size. I don't give nut info on my site because if you use a different group of products things change dramatically. I do ideas... I let you guys do the math ;)

~Michelle

unewillow said...

THANK YOU!! I made these tonight for dinner and they were very yummy. I used regular flour because I haven't gotten around to buying the good stuff yet, but they still had a nice amount of protein from the cheese and egg.