Dinner and Leftovers: Salmon

One of my favorite simple dinners is Baked Salmon and Carrots. Tons of protein and vitamins. I almost always toss an extra piece of salmon in the oven so I can turn it into lunch the next day. Sometimes I just have it as is with a dip made from Greek yogurt and dill or blend it with cream cheese and smear it on cucumber rounds or flaked on a green salad. Yesterday I turned it into a delicious protein packed salad.

Weight Loss Health Bariatric Surgery Low Cab Diet Recipe Blog

Shelly's Baked Salmon

Salmon Fillets (about 4 oz.)
a drizzle of Olive Oil
sprinkle of Fish Seasoning (whatever you like, what I use)
a few sprigs of Fresh Dill
a slice of Lemon

Wash and dry salmon. Place in a Pyrex dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning and dill, top with lemon slice. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness. Served with cooked carrots with little dab of butter.

My extra piece of salmon became this great salad for lunch the next day...

Healthy Salad Recipes Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric WLS VSG RNY Low Carb Protein Menus

Shelly's Edamame and Salmon Salad

4 oz. Cooked Salmon, flaked
12 oz. Bag Frozen Shelled Edamame
1 cup Cooked Mushrooms, sliced
2 Green Onions, sliced
2 Tablespoons store bought Teriyaki Sauce
squeeze of Lemon
a few twists of Black Pepper to taste

Cook edamame per package instructions (generally it's boil for 5 minutes then drain) and allow to cool slightly. Saute mushrooms till golden. Toss all ingredients together. You can serve now or chill, either way it's delicious. In the summer this will be going in a bento box and on a picnic.

More Eggface Favorite Lunches
More Eggface Favorite Dinners

I used Soy Vey Veri Veri Teriyaki which is garlic, ginger, toasted sesame seeds and soy sauce basically. It's tasty stuff I scored a free bottle the other day so thought I'd try it in this... perfect. It has some sugars but 2 T. spread out over the whole recipe (serves at least 4) doesn't bother me. FYI: On the company website they are giving away a coupon for $1 off right now. Just whatever you do don't accidentally click on the little meat cleaver on the left hand side of the page with your speakers up loud. I almost had a heart attack. I am not a fan of auto play sound effects, music or videos especially since I'm on the Internet often at 3 AM (insomnia)... there ought to be a law.

post signature