Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Best Obesity Health Blogs of the Year

I am so honored that The World According to Eggface was selected by Healthline as one of the Best Obesity Health Blogs of the Year. Blogging my weight loss journey helps me keep my head in the game, staying accountable to my lifestyle changes. Knowing you are all out there is a great comfort. I never feel alone. I've got an awesome group of people who "get it" just a few keystrokes away. Thank you for being a part of my support system.

It makes me smile when I get a message saying that a recipe has become a family favorite or a tip helped. I hope the blog continues to help others in their journey, taking a little of the fear of the unknown out of life post weight loss surgery, passing along some tips, information and resources and hopefully helping to dispel some misconceptions along the way.

Please check out all of the wonderful blogs on the list. Some of my very favorites are included. Great reads, a nice mix of education, inspiration and fun. Thank you Healthline for thinking the blog worthy of making the list.

obesity best blogs badge
Healthline

P.S. I am doubly proud to say I serve on the Obesity Action Coalition Board of Directors who is also on this year's list. Speaking of the OAC... I hope I will get to meet some of you in person at this year's Your Weight Matters National Convention.

post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

As a man and an RNY recipient 3+ years ago I can say that your blog has been enormously helpful. While blogging your journey you trailblazed mine! You've taught our whole family not only to cook but to cook healthfully with our head "in the game".

A much deserved honor far too long in coming. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for your readers.

Mr 4theLuv

Tranquility road said...

How absolutely thrilling and what an honour ... Thanks for all the work you do

Well done

Anonymous said...

I just found out that my best friend (who lives on the opposite side of the country) was awarded a scholarship to attend the OAC Convention so we will BOTH be in San Antonio! I was in Orlando last year and I kept texting her saying "We need to be here together next year!" although one text was "I just met Eggface!" since we both follow your blog. So excited!

Kathy Sinnard said...

Congrats! You are basically my only support as you are the only one I "know" who has gone thru this. I appreciate all that you do. Kathy

SeattleSeagirl said...

Congratulations! You are awesome.

Bonnie said...

You so deserve it! I don't always comment, but I always read your blogs and now that I've had my band to sleeve revision, I look forward to trying more of your recipes.

Jaded Mage said...

Congrats you totally deserve it!

Arielle Phoenix said...

Fantastic! Congratulations! Your blogging has been such a God-send for me! You are truly an angel for all of us, though, I totally get that you are doing this for yourself, as you should be! You are such a brave, courageous and wonderful woman!

Your blog has helped me to recommit and start again on the road to wellness and I am forever grateful for all that you share!

I love, love, love your creativity, fun sense of humor, wit and sharing! Thank you for making the journey easier!

Tammi Goff said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome & well-deserved! Your blog & recipes are a Godsend to many! 👍👏

elashaw said...

Congrats! Im going through the bariatric center in Thunder Bay Ontario and during my first nutritionist appointment, your blog was the top suggestion to become familiar with for eating post surgery :)

jenni said...

Shelley

Congratulations for a great achievement.

I must admit I love reading your recipes but have yet to actually do any!

Sorry but my excuse (I know there really is no excuse) is time.

But I will do soon

Alice said...

Congratulations for a fantastic achievement!

You thoroughly deserve it.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your future posts