Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I made some Spiced Chai Yogurt Dip with hunks of Mango for dipping. Have you made this yet?! Soooo good. I made plenty to share but if you have leftover dip or want to make it in advance it can be refrigerated for a day or 2, just give it a little stir before serving. Not a fan of mango you can dip strawberries, bananas, pears, apples, a spoon, your finger... not that I've done that ;)

Healthy Breakfasts Dessert Indian Spice Protein Snack Weight Loss Surgery Fitness

More Eggface Favorite Breakfasts

Lunch: I had a couple of avocados that were perfect for guacamole. Made a batch and roasted some shrimp to dip in it. Roasted Shrimp: Peel and devein shrimp, leave the tails on. Place them in Ziploc baggie with a little drizzle of olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper and any spice you'd like to add (lemon pepper, Greek seasoning, cumin, whatever you like) give them a rub to make sure they are completely coated and spread them on nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes (depends on size of shrimp) just until pink, firm and cooked through.

Seafood Low Carb Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Surgery

More Healthy Mexican Recipes

Dinner: Found another great use for that yummy Path of Life Mediterranean Quinoa I blogged about the other day. It made a delicious stuffing for stuffed peppers. These were delicious. They heat up great too. Awesome for breakfast with an egg. In fact, if you are looking for a different Mother's Day brunch item these would be perfect.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Recipes Cooking RNY VSG Gastric Bypass Sleeve

Shelly's Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

3 Bell Peppers
1 bag Path of Life Mediterranean Quinoa
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
1 cup Cooked Sausage, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, shredded

Place de-seeded, halved peppers in a dish and microwave 6 minutes. Set aside while you prepare the filling. Prepare the quinoa as directed (basically microwave 4 minutes.) Saute sausage till golden. If you are using precooked sausage crumbles that's just about 2 minutes or so. Fresh, cook until golden and no pink is seen. Blend sausage with quinoa, cottage cheese, and seasonings. Divide filling among the pepper halves. Place peppers in a Pyrex baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray. Top with Shredded Cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Recipes Cooking RNY VSG Gastric Bypass Sleeve

Not a fan of sausage? Mix in leftover cooked beef, turkey, chicken, or leave the meat out but I'd up the cottage cheese to 1 cup then or add black beans or another bean.

Snacks: Too much coffee and a hunk a Honey Caramel Premier Protein Bar (one of my favorites)


More Days in my pouch

I'm very excited about a couple of upcoming posts. I think you guys will enjoy them. Be sure to follow the blog on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram and watch for one day pop-up giveaways. Thank you for sharing the blog with your pals and support groups online and in the real world. When I count my blessings you guys are among them... you are a BIG PART of my support network, knowing you are out there makes me never feel alone and writing the blog has helped me keep my head in the game... so THANK YOU for that!