Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: This is soooo good. Shelly's Spiced Chai Yogurt Dip with Mango chunks to dip. You could use any protein really but this chai (with Spiced Chai Fit Frappe) and mango combo is particularly yummy.


6 Protein Packed Yogurt Parfaits
More Eggface Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: The avocados are great right now. I am lucky to live the next major town over from Fallbrook, CA "Avocado Capital of the World" or so the sign says so at certain times of the year they are really cheap and especially tasty. We also a few varieties that most people aren't as familiar with. There are hundreds of varieties (some as big as my head) but about 7 we see here in California. I picked up a few at the Farmer's Market on Saturday.


One (not quite ripe enough) is destined to become that yummy Irish Avocado Dip I made the other day. One was ready this afternoon and became this Avocado Tuna Melt: I filled 1/2 an avocado with 1/4 cup of tuna salad (I made mine with Greek yogurt, dill, a twist of Black Pepper, and diced green onion.)


Top with cheese and broil till bubbly. Delicious. Worth every fat gram... it's a good fat. Cooks Note: 1 tuna packet makes enough for 1 whole avocado. Don't like tuna... crab salad or chicken salad would be great too.


More Eggface Healthy Salads

Dinner: Leftovers of a yummy protein packed casserole I made the night before for dinner. It was Chicken Enchilada-ish with green chilies, onions, chicken, black beans, and cheese.


Shelly's Creamy Green Chili Chicken Casserole

2 Cooked Chicken Breast, shredded (about 1 cup)
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Spelt Flour
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 (4 oz.) can Mild Green Chilies, chopped
1 (15 oz.) Black Beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup Cottage Cheese, pureed
1 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning
1/4-1/3 cup Shredded Cheese for top

Saute onion till golden. Add butter and spelt to pan cook 1 minute, slowly add chicken broth. Mixture will bubble and thicken when it does add chilies, black beans, cottage cheese (I whiz it in a mini food processor to get rid of curds), seasoning. Stir till combined. Pour into a Pyrex casserole dish. Top with shredded Cheese (a good melter like Colby-jack, Cheddar, Mexican blend) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

More Healthy Mexican Recipes
More Eggface Casseroles

Snacks: Coffee and a hunk of Premier Protein Honey Caramel Protein Bar (one of my latest favorites.)


More Days in my pouch