Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I woke up with a gnarly headache. I think it's sinus related. We have had Santa Ana winds here. Dry, hot and blowing particles around. Not complaining. I'll take that over the snow you guys on the east coast are dealing with. It did make me have a slow start to the morning and I really just wanted a protein shake and to sit in the sunshine a bit. I had some phone calls to make so it worked out...

Weight Loss Surgery Best Tasting Protein Powder

Shelly's Triple Chocolate Raspberry Protein Shake

1 cup Soy Milk (any milk will do)
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Raspberry Torani Syrup
6-8 Raspberries
a few Ice Cubes

Blend on high. Top with No Sugar Added Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream and I added a sprinkle of nonpareils and a raspberry on top because it made me smile.

Oodles of Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies

Lunch: My lunch was a taste test of a recipe that I've entered into a cooking contest that Food Network has going on right now. It's sort of like the TV show, "Chopped." You are told 4 ingredients you must use and have to create a recipe with them. You can use additional ingredients but the 4 recipe musts were: 6 Cheese Italian Shredded Cheese, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Red Bell Pepper and Greek Yogurt... some of my favorites. I think it turned out really well and it tasted great... we'll see if it's a "winner, winner chicken dinner" (sorry couldn't resist) but for sure it will be made many times at my house. Here's what I entered...



Want to try one of my recipes that won an award. Try this Jazzy New Orleans Muffaletta Salad. Perfect for this Mardi Gras month too.

Dinner: To celebrate Chinese New Year I made a pot of my Chinese New Year Soup (the quickie version.)


I usually make my Egg Foo Young Bites to go with but this time I made those Savory Onion Mini Ricotta Pancakes I made at New Year's, just made them regular size versus mini.


They went very well with the soup. I made 8 so I'll have leftovers to make "sandwiches" tomorrow.


I won $10 on a scratcher. I never play them but I bought one on Valentine's Day and found it bumping around in my purse. I think this Year of the Goat is going to be pretty good. Figured I'll toss a $1 back in for another try (I want a house by the ocean) and use the $9 for a Mum and me coffee date. So maybe a scratcher will be my Chinese New Year tradition and raisins for calendar New Year.

Snacks: Coffee and 4 beautiful strawberries that I dipped in No Sugar Added Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream. Sooo good.


More Eggface Desserts
More Days in my pouch

post signature