Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's menu...

Breakfast: I had a few errands and appointments early in the AM so I hit Starbucks. Currently there are 2 food items I will eat... the Classic Oatmeal (I add cinnamon from the milk bar and some of the nuts and dried fruit, no sugar) and the Spinach Feta Egg White Whole Wheat Wrap (I ask for it double cooked, it gets super crispy, easier to eat, single cooked is too doughy and lays heavy, double cooked is the way to go, rarely can eat the whole thing but I put a major dent in it) that's what I had yesterday. Only thing about eating at Bux... I can't have a latte unless I'm there for a really long time (I can't drink for at least 45 minutes or so after eating, physically I can't, it makes me Mt. Vesuvius urpy, it's a post weight loss surgery thing.)

Coffee Coffeeshop Fast Food

Lunch: I almost hate to say this. I know so many of you are in the deep freeze right now. I umm well... I ate a late lunch outside on the patio. If you say it really fast it's not that bad. You know you are all welcome to move closer and then I'd get to see some of you more. I had a ton of computer projects to finish. In between working I ate the contents of my bento box lunch (made little cucumber, meat & cheese sandwiches) and pet a neighborhood kitty that sunbathes in my yard during the day. We don't know it's name and think it lives a few doors down. We call it "Mr. Fezziwig" not sure really if it's a Mr. or Mrs. it's huge and very fuzzy (think small sheep) so parts are not visible but it's making me want to adopt a kitty of my own again.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Cooking RNY Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve VSG WLS Cooking Menus Food 

Pink Box (top left):  Turkey Cold Cut Roll-up, a few slices of Salami and Provolone Rounds
Green Box (top right): Cucumber Slices (my crackers) 
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Greek Yogurt Dip, a few Raspberries
Orange Box (bottom right): Shelly's Toasted Coconut Pudding

More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them

Dinner: Cucumber and Tomato Salad (Cucumber, Tomato, Artichoke Hearts, a sprinkle of Shredded Cheese, Oregano, Salt & Pepper) and I made a batch of my Egg Foo Young Bites. I think these might be my favorite of all the Bites I make. Mmm but those Patty Melt Bites are really really yummy too.

Crustless Quiche Party Appetizers Healthy Weight Loss Surgery Food

More Eggface Bites (aka Mini Crustless Quiches)

Snacks: Too much coffee and a sliced Honeycrisp Apple and Dip while I watched TV.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Food Recipes Gastric Bypass VSG Sleeve

Shelly's Peanut Butter Cup Yogurt Dip

2 oz. Greek Yogurt, plain 2%
1 Tablespoon Powdered Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Chocolate, any will do)

Mix till well blended. A healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Cup... oh yeah!

More Days in my pouch.

Be sure to follow my Twitter and Facebook page