Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast:
Came home from the Farmer's Market and made a Scrambled Egg with a little Avocado chopped on top. The market was a little smaller this morning. I'm guessing some of the farmer's are Christmas visiting or thought we might be. I got everything I needed though... some onions, garlic, a few apples, avocados, a cauliflower (destined for Cauliflower Pie this week), celery and a leek (for Split Pea Soup this week with my frozen leftover ham.)

Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Sleeve GAstric Bypass Bariatric Surgery Food

It's my 1/2 year birthday (good excuse) so I treated myself to a magnet for my fridge collage from a local photographer that sells his work at the market. All scenes from my town...  grapes, hot air balloons, some of the local historic sites, our state flower the poppy. Check it out. It makes me smile every day.


Lunch: For lunch I made a Caprese Salad of sorts. Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, a little Basil with a few Marinated Artichoke Hearts. It sort of made it's own dressing when they mixed with tomatoes, no added dressing needed.

Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Sleeve GAstric Bypass Bariatric Surgery Food

Dinner: Those of you that have read my blog for any length of time know I don't eat noodles or pasta but have found some veggie alternatives that I love. Tonight I made another of my favorite noodle replacements. Bean sprouts.

Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Sleeve GAstric Bypass Bariatric Surgery Food

Shelly's Asian "Spaghetti" and Meatballs

12 Cocktail Beef Meatballs (Turkey or Pork would be fine too)
2-3 Tablespoons Asian Marinade (your preference, I love Mr. Yoshida's also from Costco, here's a view of the bottle)
1 1/2 pounds Bean Sprouts
2-3 Green Onions, sliced on the bias

Sauteed bean sprouts till tender in a sprinkle of olive oil about 10 minutes. I tossed in a few green onions in the last minute or so. Meanwhile simmer the meatballs (I used the Costco frozen mini beef meatballs) till tender in the marinade, stirring occasionally to coat all sides. Top bean sprout "spaghetti" with meatballs.

Snacks: Stopped at Starbucks after the market for a Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte (it was 50% off all espresso drinks, if you haven't downloaded the Starbucks App do it, every few days I get some offer or another) and in a little bit I'm going to have one of those Sugar Free Chocolate dipped cookies I made for Christmas, I have 2 left.

Bariatric Surgery Sugar Free

More Days in my pouch.