Sunday, September 29, 2013

Crafty - Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Jars

I was perusing Pinterest the other day and thought this was cute I had to recreate it. They kind of reminded me of those cool centerpieces I made for my Southern California Meet & Greet a few years back.

You Need:

1 glass round Roly Poly Votive (they look like little fish bowls)
1 glass Candle Stick Holder
Jack-o-lantern Face Clings (or Black Electrical Tape or Paper)
Stuff to fill it
Optional: Quake wax

I bought the votive and the candle stick at the Dollar Store. I found the Cling Film Faces (like Colorforms) at JoAnn's Fabric and Craft Store but you could even just use black construction paper and tape or electrical tape to make a face.

If you have pets or kiddos that might knock it down, I'd suggest a little Quake Wax to attach the votive to the candle stick. It's pretty safe in my house so I just placed it on top. Now watch as I send it flying ;)

I filled mine with a "Harvest Mix" of Cinnamon Cheerios, Pumpkin Almonds, and Red Walnuts. Other suggestions: Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds), Mixed Nuts, Granola or Non-edible things like Buttons, Beads or Potpourri.

post signature


Beva Bradford said...

Can you tell me more about the pumpkin almonds that are in this. They sound delicious. Thank you

Kellie B said...

Very very cute!

I also have some stained glass markers and paints that would work really well doing this. (Need to stop by the dollar tree for glass!)

Connie said...

What a cute idea!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Connie, They are Planters Pumpkin Almonds (found them at Walmart) sugar in them though not hellcious for a few but you could always make your own too... SF Vanilla Torani Syrup, Pumpkin Spice, Almonds in a pan. Toss till warm and then allow to cool. I've done those before... recipe is on the blog. Probably under Holiday Nuts or Food Gifts or some search close to that :)

Denise H. said...

My ears perked up at Pumpkin Almonds, too! I'm so there. The decoration is adorable!