1. Heads up on a great deal & free shipping: Amazon has Cuisinart Ice-21 Ice Cream Makers on sale. If you have been wanting to start making protein ice cream Cuisinart brand machines are my favorites. Easy to use, no ice/salt just freeze the cylinder and in 20 minutes or so you'll have soft serve.
I am so tempted to get one of these new fun colored machines.
Protein Ice Cream Recipes
Protein Ice Cream 101
and as always the small percentage from purchases made thru the Amazon links on the left help The World According to Eggface keep doing it's thing so thank you.
2. Are you completely hooked on Pinterest like I am? Oh my goodness can that site completely suck time. I always say I'll just look for 5 minutes and sure enough 5 minutes becomes 50. So I give you this tip with a disclaimer: I am not responsible for the time sucking vortex you may find yourself in, it's seriously the Internet's version of the Bermuda Triangle. So many pretty pictures and ideas you will get lost.
Here's the tip: Did you know some of our favorite weight loss surgery friendly companies have Pinterest pages? Be sure to follow our friends at Lauren's Hope (I especially love their Inspiration Station Board), Big Train, Obesity Action Coalition, Slimpressions and lots more. Oh and yours truly of course, The World According to Eggface has a page too. Be my pal.
Not on Pinterest yet? If you need an invite to start pinning leave me a comment with your email addy and I'll send you one.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
From brain to mouth: The psychology of obesity
Most Americans ignore truth about obesity, researchers say
Chile Bans Toys in Fast Food to Attack Child Obesity
In central California, obese children developing ailments of their grandparents
Morbid Obesity as a Covered Disability under the ADA
Alcohol abuse after weight loss surgery
and something funny spotted on TV. A cameo on MTV's show Snooki & JWOWW by bariatric vitamin supplement company Celebrate Vitamins. I don't think either are weight loss surgery post-ops. I believe it's a bottle of their Iron +C (great vits BTW) so I'm assuming a pregnant Snooki's or both I think have had plastic surgery so maybe anemia after surgery.
4. Nom Alert: Laughing Cow Strawberries & Cream Cheese wedges. Smeared on apples slices, on celery or cucumber. This Saturday I'll pick up some strawberries from the Farmer's Market and try a twist on my Strawberry Cannoli with it (maybe 1/2 ricotta, 1/2 strawberry cream cheese) and I'm thinking it would be great in a strawberry version of my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Protein Muffins.
There's 45 calories in a 1 wedge serving, 1 g. sugar, 2 g. carbs, 2 g. protein. I understand there's a cinnamon version too (that would be yummy on Apples I'm sure) but I've yet to find it in my local stores.
5. The summer of Eggciting giveaways continues Sunday. So be sure to stop by the blog Sunday when another AWESOME Eggface Giveaway begins! What will it be?!