1. Did you get your Lauren's Hope Winter Catalog? Sooooo many beautiful things. I love several on these pages. Want to check it out? It's online.
If you haven't already added your name to the hat to win the GORGEOUS medical ID bracelet we're giving away here on the blog be sure to enter the Lauren's Hope Ho Ho Holiday Giveaway you still have a couple of days (ends Sunday midnight pacific, winner announced Monday.)
2. Did you get your BOGO Holiday Starbucks (the New Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha is included) Started yesterday through Sunday. Slurp. I did.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Why Doctors And Patients Talk Around Our Growing Waistlines (continuing awesome NPR series on obesity)
Social costs of obesity are greatest for white females.
Meal Replacements versus Protein Supplements
University of Glasgow researchers set to study effects of weight loss surgery
4. Just wanted to take a moment to recognize that these next few weeks are hard ones for all of us but especially if they are your first holidays post weight loss surgery... lots of emotions, triggers, foods, family, events, stress, it's TOUGH stuff. Remember: YOU ARE TOUGHER! If you haven't read over my Holiday Survival Tips. Check it out. My first post weight loss surgery Thanksgiving (5 years ago) was my biggest dumping incident. I thought I could have just a few bites of cornbread stuffing = lessons learned. Hope a few of the tips help others avoid that fate.
Isn't this the cutest? A knitted Turkey wine bottle topper, or in my case Sugar Free Torani bottle topper, handiwork by my Mum. Poor turkeys, always getting stuff stuck in their bum. LOL.
5. It's going to be a rainy weekend in Southern California. I've got a bunch of cooking projects planned and a few other things to share. I will be a blogging fool... be prepared... or scared ;)