Cool Product Alert: Herbal Coffee

Had to share this new find: Teeccino Herbal Coffee.

I was at a local store (Baron's Marketplace for my local pals) yesterday where they were sampling this. "Oooh coffee" I said out loud and the sample lady quickly corrected me... "it's not coffee it's herbal coffee."

What the heck is herbal coffee?!

According to the brochure it's "a delicious blend of herbs, grains, fruits and nuts that are roasted and ground to brew and taste just like coffee. Just like there is no milk in soy milk, no tea in herbal tea, there's no coffee in herbal coffee."

Verdict: It is delicious. In the store I tried the Chocolaté Maya Dark Roast. Soooo good. My favorite thus far. I brought home 4 packets. Vanilla Nut (is also yummy, but I prefer a darker roast) I am ordering more of that Chocolaté for sure. Now... I won't be giving up my coffee (you know how I love it so) but this makes a very nice change, an especially great evening, caffeine free option. My fellow 3 AM Twitter pals know I need to curb the caffeine at night.

I wanted to share the find with you guys because I know some post weight loss surgery are told no caffeine or worse no coffee at all from your nutritionists and/or bariatric surgeons. This would be a great alternative. Besides being caffeine free, it's free of acidity, gluten, and sugar. So for those of your denied caffeine or coffee and jonesing for your morning cup o' Joe I'd print out the info and share it with your medical posse to see if you get the green light.

The product comes in ground form for use in regular coffee pots and these super convenient "Tee-bags." You make it like tea... boiling water (I just used hot water from my Keurig), steep 3-5 minutes, dunk the bag a few times to get the good stuff out, add milk and sugar free sweetener, if desired.

It comes in a ton of flavors.

Mediterranean flavors: Almond Amaretto, Vanilla Nut, Hazelnut, Java, Original, Mocha, and Chocolate Mint.

Maya flavors: Caffé / French Roast, Chocolaté (my favorite so far), and Chai.

Boutique flavors: French Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice, Caramel Nut, Chocolate Raspberry, and Southern Pecan.

Looks like you can get a sampler pack of the "Tee Bags" from their website. I'm excited to try them all.

Where to find locally? Here's a store locator. Type in your zip code to find stores near you.

post signature