Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fun at the Fair - Tiramisu Protein Smoothie

Had some fun the past few days. Most of you guys know I enter cooking contests on occasion. I entered a couple this past week. One very weight loss surgery friendly (San Diego County Fair Smoothie Contest) and one not so much (Make it with Malt-O-Meal Cereal.) Here's the results and some pictures...

Protein Powder Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Cooking Shakes Healthy Italian Food Drinks
Shelly's Tiramisu Protein Smoothie

2 cups Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Kahlua Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Cheesecake Jello Pudding Mix, dry
1 packet of Instant Coffee Granules (you know those Taster's Choice or Starbuck's Via tubes)
1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup Ice
Optional topping: Whipped Cream and Sugar Free Chocolate

Add liquids to blender first, then ice, then powders. Blend on high till smooth. Serve with optional squirt of Whipped Cream and dusting of shaved Sugar Free Chocolate.

health, fitness, weight lossI've made a similar one on the blog before but the above is the version that I made for the fair-goers and that went to the judges. It won a blue ribbon. Yay!

Healthy Cooking BlogI also entered the not so weight loss surgery friendly "Make it with Malt-O-Meal Cereal" contest and scored 2nd place for my Golden Croquettes (a deep fried, cereal encrusted, savory appetizer made with Golden Puffs Cereal.) The whole deep fried part makes them not something I choose to eat but the judges (and my Mum) liked it and I'm told they are super tasty.

I also picked up this year's County Fair Cookbook which has my last year's very weight loss surgery friendly blue ribbon winning Shelly's Jazzy New Orleans Muffaletta Salad recipe in it (page 9) if you are a local be sure to grab a book when you hit the fair. Every year the fair puts out a cookbook of the award winning recipes from the contests held the year before. Yummy stuff.

22 comments:

Miss Soul said...

OMG the protein shake of my dreams!!! LOL love it!

Becky anewbecboo Cooper said...

doesn't suprise me that you won more awards, congrats sweetie!!!!
miss you much!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You REALLY need to do your own cookbook!

Diane

Nkara68 said...

OMG I have to wipe the drool from my chin now!

YUMMY!

karen said...

Congrats!!!! {confetti and streamers} {balloon release} {Loud applause from crowd}
I'm proud of you. Please write a cookbook

leendadll said...

wow. impressive!!!

salathia said...

uh oh ... i'm going to have to try that shake, girl. looks GOOD.

woohoo @ the cookbook - reminded me how much i ADORE your muffaletta salad recipe. think i'll make some in the next week. good ... stuff. :D

Jody @ Laslink said...

Wow, those protein drinks definitely look awesome & first place worthy! Congrats!!! I'm going to have to try them out myself very soon :o)

mystkmac said...

YAY! Congrats! Hey, do you ever enter the LA County Fair (actually at the Pomona Fairgrounds)? My hubby and I LOVE the Fair...we actually buy a season pass and go often!
Just wondering...would be awesome to see you win in our neck of the woods! ;)
Congrats again~ Man! You are on a roll this year! NY, Glee, now the Fair! Life is good!
Shanny~

Chelsea's Mom said...

I can't believe it's State Fair time already! Ours (Minnesota) isn't until late August into early September. It always signifies the end of summer around here. Congrats on the prizes! Like everyone else has said, "GET YOUR OWN COOKBOOK!!" I just know it would sell millions! I just made a version of your ice cream this last week and a smoothie this week. You are so creative!

Linz said...

Congrats on the ribbons! The Smoothie sounds fantastic! I'm so going to try this at home.

Also, I agree with a few other people here, you need your own cookbook.

T2Nashville said...

Way to go, Shell! The judges just confirmed what we already know. I've made my own cookbook from your recipes! Congrats!

Calypsobard said...

YAAAY Congrats on your winning and generally being awesome!!

battynurse said...

Yay for you!!!
Those smoothies sound wonderful. Adding that to my list of things to try.

Nichole said...

"Happy Birthday", I will be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary on this very special day. Congratulations on the awards. You are a true inspiration.

Libby said...

Just made the shake - DELISH!

Di said...

CONRATS! What was the fair category for the pro-drink? Looks like an amazing recipe....as usual!

The bacon-wrapped meatball thingies look awesome! Kids will LOVE them and easy for them to help cook. AND...I have two cans of chickpeas screaming for some creativity....thanks! You rock!!!!

Deborah said...

Awesome, Shelly! I'm definitely going to have to get some of that sf Kahlua syrup, now!

Candi said...

ok.. i love tiramisu so this is going in the must try list! :) Congrats on the wins by the way:)

Candi

Jude said...

I am going to tried the shake...needing a different flavor and I think this would do great! Thank you!

Windy Smith said...

The smoothie is wonderful! Tried it today. I couldn't find Kahlua syrup so I got Sugar Free hazelnut and it taste great. Best protein smoothie i have ever tasted!

Windy Smith said...

The protein taramisu smoothie is To Die For! I couldn't find Kahlua syrup, so I got hazelnut instead and it is by far the best protein shake I have ever had!