Thursday, May 20, 2010

A day in my pouch

The itinerary for the NYC trip was Fed Ex'd to me yesterday morning. I'm soooo excited. The makeover portion of the schedule is AMAZING... Manicure, Pedicure, Highlights, Haircut, 1 1/2 hour Facial (it will be my first real facial), Waxing (not excited about this part LOL ouch), and Makeup.

They will be doing video interviews throughout the event, a crew from Progresso is following us (I'll try & get a copy.) We will be taken by limo to different locations around the city for photo shoots, shopping. I will snap pics all along the way! I can't thank you guys enough xoxo for your votes that allowed me (and my Mum) to have this experience. I know it will be a trip of a lifetime. My Mum is super excited too... well not about the flying part (she hates to fly) might have to buy her an in-flight cocktail ;)

In preparation for the trip I've been cleaning out the fridge and trying to use up all the dated items, eggs, cheese, fresh fruit & veggies. Here's what I rustled up yesterday...

Breakfast: I made a batch of my Bites yesterday and had leftovers for breakfast. They are the perfect grab & go breakfast. They reheat great and will keep up to 3 days in the fridge (or freeze & defrost as needed)

Shelly's Cheesy Onion Bites

1 Yellow Maui Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Italian Blend Cheese, shredded (Parmesan, Mozzarella, Romano blend)
1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onions till golden, set aside to cool. Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into a lightly greased (Pam non-stick spray works great for this) mini muffin tin.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Let them cool a few moments they pull away and pop right out. Makes 24.

More Eggface Bites

Lunch: Mmmm Tortilla Pizza. The hands down best way to use up stuff you have in the fridge.

Shelly's Grilled Chicken & Goat Cheese Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with a smear of Herb Goat Cheese, leftover Grilled Chicken, Green Onion, Mozzarella Cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan.

Dinner: I was feeling kind of puny and blah. Sick = Not an option before the NYC trip. This steaming hot bowl of Shelly's Chinese New Year Meatball Soup made it all better. One of my ultimate favorite soups. Seriously. Make this soup.


Snacks: Oodles of Coffee and my current addiction: Fluff Stuff. This is my Strawberry Lemonade Version.

Shelly's Strawberry Lemonade Fluff Stuff

1 cup Boiling Water
1 box (4-serving size - the small one) Sugar Free Lemon Jello Mix
3 1/2 oz. (half a small container) Fage Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla - on sale now)
1 1/2 cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced

Pour boiling water slowly over jello mix. Stir till dissolved. Mix yogurt & syrup together till well combined. Add to Jello mixture.

Beat with an electric mixer till well combined. I use this gadget.

Place in fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and beat again for 5 minutes till fluffy. Fold in berries.

Put back in fridge and allow to set fully (about 2 hours)

I served a scoop with a squirt SF Whipped Cream. You can use any fruit (fresh, frozen defrosted or canned drained), any Jello flavor, any Torani Syrup flavor.

15 comments:

Roxanne said...

Shelly, You deserve this trip and I'm thrilled that you won! Thank you so much for all your recipes :] I made mini meatloaves the other night... that were YUMMY! Again, THANK YOU :]

Christine said...

I hope you have a fantastic time in NYC! I hope it's everything you (and your mom) dream it is!

That breakfast egg recipe...assuming you make 24 like you did, is this right that it's about 20 calories per egg-muffin-thing? Wow!! What a great deal!

Nkara68 said...

so excited for your trip. You deserve to be pampered after all the hard work you've done. You'll have a blast!

ata said...

hmm yummy..thanks for the recipe :)

Kathi said...

Shelly can the egg bites be frozen? How long do think they can be in the freezer?

thanks

Juliet Grossman said...

Have a wonderful time! Waxing is not so bad -- don't be scared. And you will love the results. Definitely worth it.

I started a new feature where I'm introducing someone from my blogroll each week and YOU were featured: http://thanksgivingfeast.blogspot.com/2010/05/from-my-blogroll-meet-eggface.html

Mel said...

Making the strawberry lemonade fluff as I type this.

weeeeeeeee!

Can't wait to hear about the trip! :D

P.S. i JUST realized that I never sent you my photo with the strawberry protein powder! I SUCK! I will email it to you this weekend! :)

xoxo

SpunkyMel

Christine said...

Okay I know I already wrote on your blog once, but I just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to buy some bento boxes, and I made my first Bento Box lunch today! You can read about it on my blog. Thanks gain for the inspiration!!

cath said...

Ill try to make a batch of those bites tonight! thanks for the recipe,

btw can i freeze them?

also, i wanted to ask you... I got a bento box and was wondering if the container can go in the microwave?!

Kathi said...

Can you freeze the egg bites?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you guys!

Hope you enjoy the recipes.

The Bites can be frozen, just defrost in the fridge and then reheat. If you know you are going to freeze the whole batch I'd undercook them by 3 minutes or so (but not necessary) they would last a few weeks to a month. Wrap them & then place in a freezer Ziploc or tupperware.

Judy said...

Shelley - made your fluff last evening using orange sf Jello, cocanut SF syrup and a few strawberries..............

YUM!

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Shelly! it looks like a congrats is in order. I must catch up since my return from Idaho.

Have a wonderful time in NYC. I'm sure you could use a bit of pampering:)

I adore those Cheesy Onion Bites. They sound just perfect for taking on the run. I'm off to the flea market tomorrow and I just may whip a batch before I go. In fact, everything looks GREAT!

Thank you so much for sharing...Have Fun!!!

dining room sets said...

I am glad that you won! You deserve it! And as for the recipes, they all looked so delicious! Thanks!

Watty said...

I'm about to head out to the store to get more eggs, I am SO Making this! I don't like green onion but love red. Other than that substitution, I'm IN IT! (Family is gone so I have no distractions! :)

Just made lime jello to add with mango. Didn't have regular greek yogurt (dang...I did! WHOOPS!) Added lime greek yogurt. Hopefully it'll work ok. Mango slices are thawing now too.

Thank you again for all these great recipes! i'm getting back on the ball! :)