Green Eggs, No Ham

Every year in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday I serve some sort of twist on Green Eggs & Ham. This year I had the green eggs covered but opted to not add ham though you definitely could. I heart my bites (crustless quiches) they make great breakfasts, lunch with a scoop of salad, party appetizer, or dinner which is how I had them. I served them with a to die for bowl of soup. I'll post that recipe sometime this week. It was super yummy.

Shelly's Green Bites

3 Green Onions, diced
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
2 Tablespoons Storebought Pesto (or Homemade Pesto)
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
2 Mozzarella Cheesesticks, cut into 24 pieces.

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together except cheesticks. Cut cheesesticks into 24 pieces (kitchen shears work great)

Spoon into lightly greased (Pam non-stick spray) mini muffin tins. Place a piece of cheese in the center of each and push down slightly. If you want to add ham I'd say 1 slice, diced would be perfect. If you do add ham I'd cut back a bit on the salt.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Let them cool a few moments they pull away and pop right out. Makes 24. Great in the fridge for a few days or freeze and defrost as needed. Reheat in oven.

Other Eggface Bites: I have like 37 different versions ;)

My Favorite Seuss-isms:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues." (The Lorax)

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."