Sunday, July 12, 2009

Eggface Protein Shake Recipes: Cherry Heaven

I'm in cherry heaven. 88¢ a pound. Now is when I buy them up... pit them (yeah not so fun) and freeze them for making smoothies, Black Cherry Protein Ice Cream, Cherry Nut Protein Muffins before they get $$$ again. I love cherries.

This was breakfast...

Cottage Cheese Healthy Breakfast Shakes Weight Loss Fitness Bariatric Surgery
Shelly's Cherry Berry Cottage Smoothie

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (you can use any milk)
1/2 cup Frozen Pitted Cherries
2-3 Frozen Strawberries
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream, optional.

Cottage Cheese Weight Loss Health Nutrition Bariatric Surgery Food WLS Gastric Bypass You can add Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder to this I often do but I was having it with a Banana Nut Protein Muffin so I didn't add it this time. I had plenty of protein with the milk & cottage cheese and the muffin. Try this shake... even if you are not a cottage cheese fan. I promise you this is yum!

6 comments:

Denise B. said...

you are SO lucky! I just paid $6.99 lb in Maine!!!

Anonymous said...

What tool are you using or how are you pitting the cherries?

Monique said...

I bought 2 lbs of cherries for just over $2 the other day. Saved more than $10. I need to pit them and freeze them but blech, that's such a pain! I'll have to try the smoothie ... I can't stand the texture of cottage cheese but I know it is loaded with protein ...

Michelle "Shelly" said...

We get really $$$ to sometimes... but 88 cents a pound my freezer is packed!

***

Pitted them with: http://astore.amazon.com/theworlda074c-20/detail/B001FBB9SU

***

Monique definitely try it... can't tell its cottage cheese in a smoothie and yep oodles of extra lowfat protein.

~Michelle

RP said...

I am salivating...


over that blender!!!

I just made a version of your banana nut bread protein ice cream in my brand new ice cream maker....I'm so excited!

2/3 cup 2% milk (organic)
2/3 cup whole milk (organic)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup sf brown sugar cinnamon torani syrup
1 banana mashed
1/4 cup fage yogurt

Didn't add the walnuts to the mixture - sprinkle them on top when in bowl and ready to eat.

YUMMY!

Thanks so much for introducing me to this IceCream...my body is going to be in protein heaven. Plus we're having a heat wave here in SoCal and it is absolutely hitting the spot.

Deb R said...

Yum Shelley...this looks so good I may have to try it!