Friday, May 1, 2009

Banana Split

Last night. A new Grey's Anatomy (♥ Lexie & Mark together) and this for dessert. Perfect.


Shelly's Banana Split Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Cookies & Cream (or Vanilla) Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup
1 Banana, mashed
1/4 cup Cherries, chopped

Mix together milk, protein, syrup, and banana. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add cherries.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

I served it in true banana split style with a piece of Banana, Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream, Smuckers Hot Fudge Topping and Chopped Nuts.

Get 20% off your purchase of Max Protein. Here's the 411 on the deal.

This was soooo good except now I have that damn 70's cartoon theme from The Banana Splits stuck in my head... Tra-la-la lalalala tra-la-la lalalala.

4 comments:

toast said...

I love this blog!!!! I'm 3.5 weeks out from gbs, and it's gotten me through many a day. I also love to cook, and hate fat-free products--so great to have a real cook to go to for post-surgery recipes!

A few burning questions: 1) What's the diff btw. blanched and natural almond flour, and what's your source? 2) How long does a 2.2 lb of protein powder last? 3) what's your recommendation on when to start using shakes?

Hope that's not to overwhelming, but thank you for your blog--it's inspiring me to have more fun with this whole process.

Anonymous said...

I love this. Oh my gosh you were so right especially with making that new cookies and cream ice cream banana ice cream. It is to die for. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the Max protein love itt..

Joni said...

Shelly, thanks for all the great recipes! I read every single day.

I had to laugh at your Banana Splits Theme Song comment. That is still on Cartoon Network and if the kids are watching I run through the living room with my fingers in my ears screaming! LOL

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Toast,

I'm so glad you are enjoying the blog! Congrats on your recent surgery hope the healing is speedy and you are loving life soon!

1) What's the diff btw. blanched and natural almond flour, and what's your source? Almond Flour and Meal are the same thing. One use blanched almonds and one has skins on. I buy it from Trader Joes, amazon.com or make my own.


2) How long does a 2.2 lb of protein powder last? Depends. I blow through it pretty quickly because I bake with it, make ice cream, and make shakes. It's generally a 30 day supply if you just do a shake a day.


3) what's your recommendation on when to start using shakes? I started at 2 weeks but your Dr/Nut may have different ideas. Everyone is different. They really helped me reach my protein gram goals in those first few weeks.

***

Anon,

It was a yummy one!!!

***

Joni, I know it's hideous... ahhhh I think it's back!!! help!


~Michelle