Monday, February 9, 2009

Look what I found...

Serving Size: 3 Hearts
Calories: 60

If you have "issues" with sugar alcohols don't go eating 10 peeps in a sitting or you'll be "sitting" in a little room in your house all day if you know what I mean ;)

I found the Sugar Free Yellow Chick Peeps last Easter but couldn't locate the Sugar Free Halloween or Christmas Peeps I heard rumors of. I found these hearts locally at my Albertson's (99 cents a pack)

I have to say I actually felt a little remorse whacking the chick peeps at Easter. It's that damn little brown eye staring up at you right before you bite it's head off.

You can be guilt free with these hearts.

Hearts have no eyes.

How do you like your peeps?

* Fresh and squishy out of the package
* Stale, aged also known as "Peep Jerky"
* Frozen "The Peepsicle"
* Floating in cocoa
* Microwaved, "The Gargantuan Nuclear Peep"


Diane said...

I wish I could say I'm a Peeps fan, but I am not. And as for sugar alcohols...yikes! Thanks, though, for showing that cool sugar-free things DO exist!

Debbie Y. said...

I am not a peeps fan, but I heart these hearts. They are so cute and sugar free too! Wow. I wish I could find some locally, we are having a Valentine's party at work.

Anonymous said...

I definitely like peep jerky! I thought only my mother and I were strange enough to like them that way. :)

Anonymous said...

Shelly...You never fail to amaze me. LOL....I am going out tomorrow to find some peeps.


Di said...

The only way to eat Peeps of any kind is - Stale, aged also known as "Peep Jerky"

denise said...

I didn't even know there were other ways to eat PEEPS! PEEP Jerky?? I feel I must find these Peeps and try out each method! Peeps in hot chocolate??? It's so obvious, yet I never knew. The search is on.....

Anonymous said...

I was so disappointed that I couldn't find the SF hearts but I did find the SF peeps at WalMart. I am axious to try the jerky & peepsicles. My 24 yo son loves these, I ship peeps & pseudopeeps (ghosts, christmas trees, etc) to him in college.