Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's National Creamsicle Day!

Seriously it is. Google it.

So to celebrate I made this...

Shelly's Orange Creamsicle Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 a packet of Unsweetened Orange Koolaid (those little 10 cent packets)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)

Optional topping: Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream

Mix together milk, koolaid, syrup and protein. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.

3 comments:

morbidly obtuse said...

Hi! I've really enjoyed looking at your recipes! I'm still looking for an ice cream maker, ha ha. I'm still pre-op myself, but I've been trying to make so changes in my diet, so I won't have to go cold turkey afterwards. I think my biggest vice is potatoes. Any hints or helpful tips there? Also, I ran into soy flour at the grocery store the other day, and I was wondering if you'd ever used or tried such a thing before? You've really been an inspiration to me! I love to cook, and I wasn't really looking forward to no dessert ever again! Nice to know there are still things I can have afterwards! I love you blog and check it nearly everyday! Keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try and make a protien shake with these same ingredients..Thanks

cindi reeves said...

Shelley,
I have read many of your recipes, I must admit even after reading the testimonials from other readers I was still skeptical; until tonight that is. I decided to make the three that were my most favorite in my pre-op days; Pistachio Protein Ice Cream, Peanut Butter Cup Protein Ice Cream, and Orange Creamsicle Protein Ice Cream. I made all three of these tonight. OH MY GOODNESS they are so GOOD. I had to call my mom who lives across the street to come over and try them. She was like "D**N these are good, what did you say is in them?" So thank you for all the work you do and have done for all us that try your recipes, they are AWESOME so far and I look forward to trying more. Oh I also called my friend that had the surgery in Aug. I had to tell her how good they are, she is having a hard time getting 60g of protein down, now with these ice cream, shakes, donuts etc she may do better. Thank you again.