Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ice Cream Sandwiches for Breakfast

Ooooooh yeah. I had breakfast this morning...

I made a batch of silver dollar Lemon "Ricottage" Cheese Pancakes added a mini scoop of Pineapple Coconut Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream and voila Tropical Ice Cream Sandwiches.


Shelly's Lemon Ricottage Cheese Pancakes

1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I used pre-mixed Pineapple Cottage Cheese)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Jello brand Lemon Pudding Mix, dry

Whiz ingredients in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, flip. Cook till done. Makes 4 small pancakes or 8 silver dollar size.



Shelly's Pineapple Coconut Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Coconut)
1/4 cup Crushed Pineapple, drained
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut, toasted

Mix cream cheese and syrup together. Mix together milk, protein & pineapple. Add cream cheese mixture. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the coconut. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.

OMG! Yum. What a way to start the day!

6 comments:

DCY said...

You probably got your minimum daily requirement of protein in that one meal. Looks delish. I need more variety in my breakfasts.

Margo said...

Shelley,
I have a really stupid question. I am going to go out on a limb and make your Italian Bean Salad for an upcoming PTA meeting. I very rarely cook; hence the dumb question! Is Pesto sauce the same as Spaghetti sauce or is it different?

Not too long ago you left a very nice comment on my blog and I have been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate it!

As previously stated; I really don't cook but I LOVE your blog and I read it every single day! Thanks for sharing your life with us!
Margo

Michelle "Shelly" said...

dcy: it made me feel bad ;)

***

Hey Margo,


Pesto is sort of like spaghetti sauce but instead of smooshed up tomatoes it's smooshed up Basil (usually but other herbs sometimes too) I use Basil Pesto. You can get it in small jars near the spaghetti sauce or get it fresh/refrigerated near the fresh pasta Contandina/Buitoni are a few brands you see often.

Hope your group enjoys it! Let me know how it goes.

~Michelle

Barb Del Piano said...

NOW YOU SPEAKIN' MY LANGUAGE! Habla'de' ice creamo to starta' di' dayo!

whimsicalchaos said...

with the pancakes... are they sort of spongy on the inside? I made these today but flavored them strawberry and they tasted awesome but just noticed they were kind of sponge like on the inside...

Michelle "Shelly" said...

They are crepe like. Not spongy. Flatten them with a spatula to be sure to cook through. Sounds like they weren't cooked through.