Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mock Macchiato

When you are jonesing for Starbuck's Iced Caramel Macchiato that decadent whippage capped and caramel drizzled death wish in a cup sure to make an RNYer hope to die after consuming.

Treat yourself to one of these instead...

Shelly's Caramel Mock Macchiato

4 oz. of Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani (I used SF Caramel)
1/3 a can of Starbuck's Doubleshot Light (23 cals)
1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
2-3 Ice Cubes
2 Tablespoons SF Whipped Cream (I used Land o' Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream 20 cals for 2 T's)
1 teaspoon SF Caramel Sauce (I used Smucker's 20 cals for 1 teaspoon)

Whiz with this groovy gadget which makes it double in size. Add a few ice cubes. Top with Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Caramel Sauce.

Calories 231 (less than some protein bars and a heck of a lot tastier)
Protein 26 g. (using my ingredients) to figure out yours go to
FYI: Starbuck's Iced Caramel Macchiato w/ Soy & Whipped Cream - Calories 430

What does your Starbuck's order say about you???

Consult the Starbuck's Oracle.


Aims said...

This one ROCKS, def can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep 'em coming Shelly!


Shrinky Inky said...

mmmm, nummers, another recipe to try (more italian bean salad for lunch today, woohoo!)

The oracle tells me I am an "asshat," which I might add is my FAVORITE curse word. The oracle is brilliant!

Emily said...

Mmm I've been trying to convince myself I need one of those mixers. But I swear I would fill kitchen with gadgets.

And how annoying is that I saw that Land O Lakes SF Whipped Cream in any normal market in North Carolina but I haven't seen it in our markets in New York?! I need to keep looking...

Oh, and I find it very appropriate that part of the word verification below contains "nom" as in "nom nom nom". :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Amy, Hope you like it!


Shrinky: LOL I love that word too!


Emily: It's funny I swear those captcha things are sometimes trying to tell us something.

I had a couple of emails about where to find some of the products.

Here's my local sources:

Doubleshot Light: 4/pk at Target or Albertson's near the energy drinks not the coffee.

Land O Lakes Whipped Cream: Albertson's is where I spotted it but I'd get on Land o' Lakes website and email them.

Smucker's Caramel Sauce: Vons or online

melinda said...

Thanks for this recipe! I wanted it so bad and didn't have the SB espresso... I made up my own espresso and oh it was still GREAT! The Smuckers is so wonderful - my boyfriend uses the SF but I do not. I sure will now!!!

Jennifer L said...

I love my frother gadget too! Ikea sells them for just $2!! I make all of my protein drinks with them - I even keep one at work.

Madam Elvis said...

DAMN! I am forever the ass-clown on that Starbucks site! YUMMY INN THE TUMMY EGGFACE! Thanks Again! NY