Cramps and Cabbage

I had a headache and cramps from hell yesterday so I decided to go to the movies to try and get my mind off feeling like I wanted to carve my ovaries out of my body with a dull spoon. I went to the cheapy movie theater ($3 - 2nd run flicks) to see "P.S. I love you." Sad movie. I cried. Soooo I left the theater with my cramps from hell, a gnarly headache, a red blotchy face and all stuffed up. So much for that plan. Thankfully, I made this casserole before I left so dinner would be practically done when I got home. I was very glad I did because my headache turned in to a full fledged migraine. Ughhh.

I had a cabbage rolling around in my veggie bin that I needed to use. This is what I came up with. It was yummy.


Shelly's Beef and Cabbage Casserole

3 cups Cooked Cabbage, chopped
1 pound Ground Beef
3 cloves Garlic
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, chopped (I used a yellow one)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Celery Soup, undiluted
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese, divided use
1/2 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Italian Style Dry Bread Crumbs

Cook cabbage until tender. Drain well. Saute onions and pepper till golden. Add garlic cook 1 minute more. Saute ground beef till no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Combine cooked veggies, cooked beef, sour cream, soup, 1 cup of the cheese, and the seasonings. Spread mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or till golden.