Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating. Including a couple of fun, new food finds...

Breakfast: I had to fast for lab work (if you are a bariatric surgery post-op pal be sure you are getting those done at least annually, this is non-negotiable) and when the vampires were done with me my priority was a cup of coffee. I ran a few errands that took longer than I thought and ended up in a parking lot with a Taco Bell. I rarely eat fast food, I love to cook... but I read about Taco Bell's Naked Egg Taco and was curious. The "taco shell" is actually a fried egg and then they fill it with other breakfast foods.


After looking at the menu I made some adaptions to make it slightly healthier and more in my plan. Original version (310 calories, 14 grams protein, 15 grams carbs): egg shell, fried potatoes, bacon, nacho cheese sauce, shredded cheese. My changes (220 calories, 11 grams protein, 6 grams carbs): I axed the fried potatoes, swapped the bacon for crumbled sausage (doesn't change much calorie-wise just felt like sausage), axed the nacho cheese sauce and shredded cheese for their triple cheese blend. It was pretty darn tasty, it's limited time only/testing but if they keep it on the menu it's a pretty good fast food breakfast option.

Bariatric Surgery Fast Food option

Of course, an even healthier option would be to make one of my many Egg Bite (aka Mini Crustless Quiche) recipes but sometimes you are on a road trip and the choices are limited so it's nice when there is some option available.

More Strategies for Eating Out Post Weight Loss Surgery

Lunch: Leftovers. I reheated (this gadget helps keep food from drying out) some of the meatballs and cabbage (usually serve it with bok choy but I had a cabbage) I made the other night. I made a beef version of my Teriyaki Pork Meatballs. Yummy. If you haven't made these yet give them a try they are great with pork, beef, turkey so whatever you prefer.


More Eggface Healthy Beef & Pork Recipes

Dinner: I just pan seared some Salmon, sprinkled it with fresh dill and served it with this frozen Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry blend I picked up at Trader Joes the other day, it's new.


It's frozen riced cauliflower seasoned with ginger, tamari and sesame oil, green peas, red bell peppers, grilled corn, and green onions. Pretty tasty and only 50 calories for a cup. About 8-10 minutes sauteed from frozen. I also had some mushrooms that needed using so I sliced and sauteed those too. I have leftover salmon to have on a salad or with cucumber "crackers."

Frozen Veggie Side Dish Low Carb Healthy

More Eggface Healthy Seafood Recipes
10 Favorite Cauliflower Recipes
Trader Joe's Shopping List

Snacks: Coffee, making up for lost time... the worst of fasting for labs for me is missing my morning coffee and I am sure others around me think so too. I am a much nicer person caffeinated. I also had my current favorite snack because I have soooo many pomegranates still on the tree... apple slices sprinkled with pomegranate seeds that I dip in a dollop of ricotta cheese sweetened with either a pump of Sugar-Free Torani syrup or a drizzle of Sugar-Free Maple syrup. Seriously, it's so good.

Fruit Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Snack Ideas

More Eggface Snacks Sweet & Savory
More Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus