Ensenada

Ensenada and Dr. Aguirre was an absolutely great experience. Dr. A was wonderful and thoroughly explained everything. He made me feel very at ease. He is an excellent surgeon and a warm and caring doctor. His staff is wonderful. His assistant Rosella is the sweetest girl! She is Dr. A's middle daughter and she makes all the arrangments. She was so nice and came to visit me everyday! The nurses at the hospital were fabulous, caring, and attentive. I had Alejandra and Sonia and they were the best! I also had Alejandra for 4 days of private nursing visits (around $45 a day). Cardiomed is spotless. My private room (with marble floors) was HUGE. I was truly treated like a princess. I also can't say enough good things about Bambi (Dr. A's driver). He is a wonderful person and definitely the way to go. Please feel free to email me I would be happy to share my experience or answer ANY Q's...

Here are a few FAQ's:

How much was it? The cost was $10,200 plus I paid $800 to stay in the doctor's designated apartment with private nursing visits for 4 days.

How does payment/choosing a date work? I contacted Dr. A's office (you email or speak with his daughter Rosella who sets everything up) She will give you the available dates the Dr. has open and if you stay at his designated apartment whether that is available (I highly recommend this) and books your date. You send a $500 deposit to a San Diego bank and bring the rest down (cashier's checks) when you go for your surgery. I chose a date based on my availability so it was about a month or so (from contact to surgery) but I could have had the surgery as early as two weeks from contacting him.

What pre-op testing is required? The first night you are in Ensenada you visit the hospital and have a physical exam, urine, blood, etc. done. I brought down my past labs for a comparison but it's not required.

How long did you stay? You need to stay 9 days total in order to have your drain and sutures removed.

How are you? Any regrets? I'm off all medications (I was on 8) My high blood pressure, acid reflux & sleep apnea are gone. I feel great! Only regrets are not doing it sooner and if I had to do it again I would bring someone. I went alone and was BORED!! I would have liked some company.